Protect National Monuments Dilemma

Some of our citizens vehemently oppose the statues and place names of historical individuals who were instrumental in the birth of the nation but were also deeply regressive by today’s standards.

1. Don’t do anything.
  2. Put them museums.
  3. Take the apart for spare parts.
4 Likes

This is a thing related to crime.

Is it possible to construct the statues back?

1 Like

I dob’t know. I imsgine that would hyper-specificity? It could instead be made into a policy? :man_shrugging:

Isn’t restoring state-owned property something that societies do already?

1 Like

Well, I didn’t mean an archeological survey, I meant the current discourse around pulling down monuments of confederate generals and other presumed rwcists in US/UK

1 Like

Ah yes, nothing says social justice like removing the statue of the president who ended slavery

But yeah, I meant if the statues can be rebuilt which I think they can. But in rest, this is a great event for USA and I don’t believe it happens in other countries either!

2 Likes

People were pulling down statues of Lincoln? I don’t remember that being the case but I may be wrong.

1 Like

Hm. How would this relate to crime? I would have thought this would be more of a social justice/racism issue.

I guess, people tearing down statues?

I thought statue removals were done legally, though, in most of the US.

2 Likes

What’s better than manipulating inflammatory politics in a game called Democracy?

1 Like