Quick Comments

Aww… I’m friends with myself.

hang on?

Difficulty ramp is too high (for me)… I’ve managed to once win an attack… and never repeated it, and I’m just failing totally at the 3rd defence.

I find it very hard to notice turrets being destroyed… vision isn’t good. I’d like to play at max. zoom so I can see everything - but then I loose all audio cues, and have to jiggle the display up and down to see through those damn clouds. Alternatively, I zoom in - and explosions still aren’t that audible … and I can’t see anything offscreen. So when I pan back, the wrecked turrets don’t grab my eye because they look too much like ones that’re just smoking.

I suspect I’m failing so consistently mainly because I simply don’t notice things blowing up. Louder explosions, and possibly bits of obvious debris that get thrown halfway across the map are all that occur to me.

Another visual comment - turret placement points really really need to be more visible. Having to pick up a turret to see the spots turrets can go simply is not good.

Two tips that may help, firstly you can hit the ‘H’ key to permenantly turn on the health-indicators for all your units, secondly, keep glancing at the minimap, it’s a very handy way to spot stuff going on outside your current view.

permanently… until I scroll the map via mouse-drag :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, it’s worse than that. Unit (turret) health turns off if you select a turret, and then it requires hitting ‘H’ twice to get it back. It also doesn’t seem to affect new units.

Sound is much much better with the patch, though I still think it could be better (sorry)… own-unit explosions really need to stand out of the chaos.

Is there actually any visual cue as to where turrets can be placed … at all?
The manual says “good strong foundations”, but on this map (3), they’re just arbitrary bits of green field.

I think it’d be better to be able to see where things can go without having to pick up a turret to see what’s green.

In the upload challenge window (and indeed everywhere), I’d suggest adding a tick graphic to the white/black checkboxes. It’s not entirely obvious that they’re actually checked.

Units created after unit health is toggled don’t show their health.

The end-of-supplies siren is incredibly annoying in repetition and volume. Can it not just go off once? I’m sure people will notice it.

Context memory…
Main menu
===Enter the battle browser
======Edit a map
======Click ‘X’ to exit this level and…
Back at the main menu.

Very unintuitive - shouldn’t it go back to the battle browser?

Online Invites: is there any notification that you have some without actively clicking on the “User Profile” button? [I invited myself, and have yet to see anything telling me of this fact]. I still think User Profile should live in options, and that button should be the top of the online section of stuff … including challenges to be honest.

I agree on the difficulty ramp, I have tried the second mission, the first attack, 7 times now, and I have not even been close to winning, furthermore, I have no feel for what I am doing wrong, or how to mend it, in actuality, I am just spamming units, with no real plan or idea behind, as I have no feel for what does what to what.

I have seen plenty of flamer-tanks drive by the dugout in the first attack mission without ever firing on the soldiers in the trenches, even though they are set to focus fire on them, making them more or less completely useless.

Finally (for now, at least ;)) in defend mode you REALLY need to be able to see the spots you can build, without having to select a unit to place, something like the R toggle (maybe even just use the R toggle) should highlight buildable locations as well as the path.

I didn’t have much difficulties with the first couple of missions as defender and attacker but the first night mission where you are claimed to have lost your way and ended up in the woods in the middle of the night, that’s where the difficulty really ramps up for me but I guess I’m just doing something wrong there because others have had difficulties with earlier missions.

And yes, I’m playing the campaign through with scenario units only both as attacker and defender.

Wholly agree, there really need to be a better indication of where you can build.

Looks like consensus on the build thing, I shall get something added.
If you feel you are just spamming, play against the scripted AI, and at the end of battle, check the statistics. The units showing up in the highlighted green strips are the ones that worked the best for you.
i’m hoping to record a video guide to tactics today.

Fantastic :slight_smile:

Is there a scripted AI for misson #2, the first attack mission? I’m pretty sure that I can only select “Scenario Units”, and not a scripted AI like in the first mission.

Fixed in 1.003