[Race/Campaign Release] Star Wars Invades GSB!

i also downloaded the original file along with the fix, and still the only change made is the race itself. i’m gonna try putting in the hulls and stuff in the folders the game downloaded with, and see if that works. wish me luck! (i’ll need it!)

hooray! it worked! now to destroy the death star…

How do i make the death star look like it’s one piece? WHen it’s in battle, you can obviously tell that the death star is four pieces (the fifth is invisible). But in the last mission of your mini-campaign, you made the death star look like one piece. how do you manage that?

Got an error. Turret mapping not found [turret_miss_v5]==> [starwars]:…\src\SIM_Race.ccp 214.

i had that problem too, but it’s easy to fix. get rid of your starwars race file (only the file in the races folder, leave every other star wars thing where it is) and replace it with this:

[config]
name = “starwars”
guiname = “Star Wars Fleet”
logo = “starwars.jpg”
debrisstartuv = 0
debrisenduv = 16
escapepodid = 3
shield = “imperial_shield.dds”
description = “Star Wars has invaded Gratuitous Space Battles!”
repairbotid = 3
contrailid = 3
music = empire_battle.ogg
shieldcollapseuv = 3
defaultnames = warships
alwaysunlocked = 1

[turrets]
turret_auto_v1 = rebel_turret_auto_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0
turret_auto_v2 = rebel_turret_auto_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,1
turret_auto_v3 = rebel_turret_auto_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,2
turret_auto_v4 = rebel_turret_auto_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,3
turret_auto_v5 = rebel_turret_auto_v5.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,4
turret_auto_v6 = rebel_turret_auto_v6.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,5
turret_bull_v1 = rebel_turret_bull_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,6
turret_bull_v2 = rebel_turret_bull_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,7
turret_bull_v3 = rebel_turret_bull_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,8
turret_bull_v4 = rebel_turret_bull_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,9
turret_las_v1 = rebel_turret_las_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,10
turret_las_v2 = rebel_turret_las_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,11
turret_las_v3 = rebel_turret_las_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,12
turret_las_v4 = rebel_turret_las_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,13
turret_las_v5 = rebel_turret_las_v5.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,14
turret_miss_v1 = rebel_turret_miss_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,15
turret_miss_v2 = rebel_turret_miss_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,16
turret_miss_v3 = rebel_turret_miss_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,17
turret_miss_v4 = rebel_turret_miss_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,18
turret_miss_v5 = rebel_turret_miss_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,19
turret_pd_v1 = rebel_turret_pd_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,20
turret_pd_v2 = rebel_turret_pd_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,21
tractor_turret_v1 = tractor_turret_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,27
tractor_turret_v2 = tractor_turret_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,29
turret_plasma_v1 = plasma_turret_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,24
turret_plasma_v2 = plasma_turret_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,25
turret_plasma_v3 = plasma_turret_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,26
turret_plasma_v4 = plasma_turret_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,27
turret_ecm_v1 = rebel_turret_las_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,10

[victory_messages]
0 = “Victory! None can withstand the might of our starfleet.”
1 = “Excellent work. Once more the mighty power of the imperial fleet is clearly demonstrated throughout the galaxy!”
2 = “Well fought! We are now one step closer to galactic domination.”

[defeat_messages]
0 = “Your days as a commander are numbered. Lord Vader will arrive momentarily to punish your failure.”
1 = “Defeat? You should have gone down with your ship and saved us the trouble of an execution.”
2 = “You will find your next mission comparatively simple. It’s to find an airlock, and then find the ‘open doors’ button. Proceed.”

[crew]
0 = “Jack”
1 = “Connor”
2 = “Kyle”
3 = “Luke”
4 = “Owen”
5 = “Cole”
6 = “Diego”
7 = “Blake”
8 = “Ben”
9 = “Hayden”
10 = “Carter”
11 = “Cody”
12 = “Jesse”
13 = “Colin”
14 = “Wallace”
15 = “Derek”
16 = “Wesley”
17 = “Bill”

Thanks for that, but I’ve got another problem. The races I unlocked are unavailable and the [tutourial = “1”] fix isn’t working.

you have to unlock them, and extra hulls, with honor. (the stuff that you earn from missions) no longer do you have to play the whole game to be the empire! in order to do this very easily (and as long as you don’t mind cheating) go to sc.dat, and change one of the mission’s honor unlocked to, say, something very high, about, 500,000.

No problem. I had already unlocked everything the hard way anyway. Twice actually. For some reason everything I bought went away every time there was a new update.

EDIT: Still didn’t work. I changed the honor earned on several missions and my honor didn’t go up at all.

EDIT2: Figured it out. You need to go to unl.dat and change the points earned.

So, is this mod being worked on at all? Not that I’m not satisfied with it but Star Wars is pretty expansive so why stop here? Right now it could still stand some Calamari Cruisers and a Super Star Destroyer. Star Destroyers are already godly but that’s kind of the point. Oh, A and B-wings ftw.

no one’s thinking outside the box. or, should i say, out of this TRILOGY? What I’m saying is that why should we stop with the original trilogy? i tried to port a republic cruiser in the game, but i couldn’t find any sprites. :frowning: But the good news is, i only looked at a few sites. :smiley: so if anyone’s looking to expand the mod with clone wars ships, i’m all for it!

My thinking is that content should never stop being added. But that’s a lot of content to think about at once. “Right now” I think completing the original trilogy should come first.

Very nice mod, Ghoti, kudos! Can you provide more information on where you found / how you made the bitmaps? If I can get to grips with whatever process is involved, I might try my hand at it and add to the store of GSB ships. :slight_smile:

Here is the result of my work on this mod.

I resized all ship in order to match the correct size, changed engine glow when necessary and SW turret size.
The only problem is the fact that some ships (mostly fighters but Millenium Falcon too) are nearly impossible to see/select at the deployment screen.

I also added Acclamator and Victory class but with Imperial Star Destroyer’s pictures.
I have no clue if the cost or the bonus are balanced (I’m not old enough on the game to know that)

Here’s the file : http://www.mediafire.com/file/oztzmbnxtgy/mod%20SW%20real%20size.rar
Keep in mind it’s still ghoti’s mod and most of the work is from him.
The rar contain all files even corrected race file which had problem with the missing crew names.

I will include some of this stuff into my mega mod, with your permission.

is anyone (other than Nicomm and perhaps Alimarin) even working on this mod? I’d love to see some clone wars ships in the game…

personally, i think this mod should be updated with even more ships, such as some ships from SW: EAW like the Tartan Patrol Cruiser or the Broadside cruiser. the empire needs at least one frigate ship! the rebels could use more firepower also, for their best ship (Nebulon-B currently) doesn’t do much against an imperial star destroyer and definitely not against the Executor (hopefast’s bellator battlecruiser). maybe a Mon Calimari cruiser would do the trick?

A-Wings and maybe B-Wings too. :slight_smile:

EDIT: Here is some pics of the A-Wing, includes top view.

I know its been some time since anyone has posted…but I wanted to express a concern that hopefully can be explained away…

I can use any fighter within the mod just fine…but as soon as I try to make a Nebulon B Frigate or a Star Destroyer the game crashes to desktop. I can copy the message next time but I believe it was something to do with a turret on the ship…has anyone had this happen before?

Not sure if it helps but I have the Steam version of the game.

The race file is missing the entry for one of the tractor beam turrets.
It should look like this:

[turrets] turret_auto_v1 = rebel_turret_auto_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,0 turret_auto_v2 = rebel_turret_auto_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,1 turret_auto_v3 = rebel_turret_auto_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,2 turret_auto_v4 = rebel_turret_auto_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,3 turret_auto_v5 = rebel_turret_auto_v5.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,4 turret_auto_v6 = rebel_turret_auto_v6.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,5 turret_bull_v1 = rebel_turret_bull_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,6 turret_bull_v2 = rebel_turret_bull_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,7 turret_bull_v3 = rebel_turret_bull_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,8 turret_bull_v4 = rebel_turret_bull_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,9 turret_las_v1 = rebel_turret_las_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,10 turret_las_v2 = rebel_turret_las_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,11 turret_las_v3 = rebel_turret_las_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,12 turret_las_v4 = rebel_turret_las_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,13 turret_las_v5 = rebel_turret_las_v5.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,14 turret_miss_v1 = rebel_turret_miss_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,16 turret_miss_v2 = rebel_turret_miss_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,17 turret_miss_v3 = rebel_turret_miss_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,18 turret_miss_v4 = rebel_turret_miss_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,19 turret_miss_v5 = rebel_turret_miss_v4.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,19 turret_pd_v1 = rebel_turret_pd_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,20 turret_pd_v2 = rebel_turret_pd_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,21 tractor_turret_v1 = tractor_turret_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,27 tractor_turret_v2 = tractor_turret_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,29 turret_plasma_v1 = plasma_turret_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,24 turret_plasma_v2 = plasma_turret_v2.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,25 turret_plasma_v3 = plasma_turret_v3.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,26 turret_ecm_v1 = rebel_turret_las_v1.dds,turrets_rebel.dds,10

Just copy that and paste it over the turrets portion. That ought to do it.

Ok perfect, that lets me build the ships…

now I started a battle and as soon as the level loaded it crashed to desktop, with no error message displayed. Any ideas?