[Race/Campaign Release] Star Wars Invades GSB!

im sorta a starwars freak (arent we all in our own way?) so im really looking forward to this mod update :stuck_out_tongue:

one thing thoā€¦ the scavenger/legios mods seem more modding-friendly since they have their own directories and seem to work OK with generic mod enabler, and this one doesntā€¦
i know crap about GSB modding,i dont even know if this matters or not,i just want to have all the mods enabled at the same timeā€¦
does it matter? :stuck_out_tongue:

if it does,any chance you could change it to the more friendly format? :slight_smile:

I tried to make their own directories one time butā€¦ didnā€™t work, maybe its own my error though.

Did you add the text file in GSB/data/installs? The game will be happily oblivious without it.

maybe I havenā€™t looked into it enoughā€¦but whats this mod enabler youā€™re speaking of?

Itā€™s a text file located in data/installs that tells the game to treat the specified mod directory as if it was the gsb folder.
Not sure if the title needs to match the mod name but just in case name it yourmod.txt (yourmod being the title). The file itself should contain this:

[config] path = yourmod
Path refers to your mod folder which should contain its own data and relevant subfolders.
If you have the Tribe or Order expansions, take a look at how the files are organized. Theyā€™re great examples of how mods work.

thanks, i did that and it seems to work like a charm

now i just want to know if we will see any more updates to this mod :smiley:

just google ā€œgeneric mod enablerā€ and you`ll get a link

its something like a universal mod manager
has some limitations but it works nicely for GSB

Lord Vader might find my lack of faith disturbing, but I doubt weā€™ll see this mod updated anytime soon.

Ive tried all suggestions hereā€¦but when I enter battle with any ship that isnā€™t a fighter, the game crashes to desktop as soon as the ships start to moveā€¦I can play against star wars ships but I apparently cant use them myselfā€¦has anyone else had difficulty like this?

nope,i did have one crash when going to fleet HQ ships section once but i just restarted the game and it worked fine so i guess it was just a random phart

Can someone reupload this? I didnā€™t get to snaq the update by Nicomm.

there was an update? wonder if that would helpā€¦yes please re-upload

yea, page 3 or 4ā€¦ its old though, but seemed to fix a couple problems iā€™m having with this mod.

would you be able to email me the file?

i have the original postā€™s mod, not the hotfix.

Playing around with sounds, salvoes and Star Destroyers. :smiley:
s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac46 ā€¦ ic_reb.flv
Apologies for the blurr ā€œeffectā€. Photobucket really knows how to butcher video quality. >:(

OMG I WANT THIS VERSION :open_mouth:

WOW that looks and sounds like 200x better than the old version :smiley:
niiiiiiiiiice

love the sound!

Here are the sound effects I used in my version (see attached zip file). sounds.zip (80.7 KB)
Iā€™d include the background music used as well but, the archive balooned up to 6 Mb when I tried to add it. O_o
Below is an example of how I made the weapons fire star wars-style. Be aware that if you copy and paste this, youā€™ll need to change the sound pathing for the module or the game WILL crash.

[code][config]
unlockcost = 0
lockable = 0
armour_penetration = 14
blasttexture = ā€œturret_blast_red.ddsā€
category = ā€œWEAPONSā€
classname = ā€œSIM_BulletWeaponModuleā€
color = 4
cost = 99
crew_required = 4
damage = 11
description = ā€œWith a high rate of fire and fast-tracking targeting computers, these blasters are essential for countering enemy fighter and bomber threats to the fleet. Laughably useless against anything shielded.ā€
fire_interval = 90
salvo_size = 8
salvo_interval = 2500
guiname = ā€œQuad Blaster Cannon Batteryā€
height = 8.3
hitpoints = 38
icon = turret
min_range = 45
max_range = 400
name = ā€œrepublic_quad_blasterā€
optimum_range = 300
powerconsumed = 4