race.txt

what do all the values in the comfig section do some of them are self explanatory like logo and shield but some of the others are not and i dont know if i need to have them or not con some please explain

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5220&p=34370#p34370
This is a quick breakdown on how this file works

With some options you have a choice of (0-3) for example:
contrailid = 3
If you look in the GSB\data\bitmaps\fx\ and open contrails.dds in a graphics editor, you will see that there are 4 different sections. Each one is represented by a number 0, 1, 2 or 3

In the case of debrisstartuv & debrisenduv, if you open debris.dds, it has 256 sections (0 - 255)

If you have any more questions - let me know

i looked at that but somehow missed that section XD

Nah, you didn’t miss it . . I just put it up 5 minutes ago :stuck_out_tongue:
BTW - did you get Unity mod working ?

no tried re installing game(steam) didnt work not sure i got my race to show up (i think my ship size is to big though(file)) not sure why yours isnt look into it later

I don’t use steam, so i am unsure where your suppose to install your mods.
But if you get your own race working, then you apply the same method to other mods :slight_smile:

ok and in steam it is in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gratuitous space battles\ so just diff directory but yeah know i think my pic for ship is to big

ok so when in the ship editor i cant load my ship game keeps crashing (re did ship to make file size a lot smaller)