Really flaky ship editor.

okay, that’s good to know. One more question: is it free to those who have the PC version already?

will it be possible to resize the ship sprite in the editor?
i didnt see it there anywhere but maybe i missed it

It’s a part of patch 1.40.

I said can we get the Mac Port if we have the PC version already?

clicking the link just sends me a discription of the ship editor…but nothing to actually download the thing.

If you’re running GSB version 1.39 or above, you already have it though it must be enabled first.
Right click the shortcut (or create one if needed), select properties and add -editor at the very end in the target window.
Here’s an example:

This looks very cool, but I cannot save my new designs. How do I do that? The save button does not write changes (good - don’t want to overwrite anyway), but it doesn’t pop up a dialog either.

the ships are saved in data/hulls/new

I have no words to discribe the awesomeness of this thing!

buggy perhaps though it is it is still an EXTREME improvement over placing turrets and launching the game to see if they were in the right places

THIS IS FRIGGIN AWESOME

thank you

Sorry, I interpreted that as “is the editor free to those who have the PC version already?”, not “will the Mac version be free to those who have the PC version already?”

I’m afraid not. annoying isn’t it. I should have had it double sized by default :frowning:

i meant resizing the ship itself
like if i wanted to make a cruiser ouf of a fighter… i`d have to expand the sprite
or the other way around

Cliff, want to let you know that Steam hasn’t updated my gsb to over 1.38. Might just be a fluke, but want you to be aware of it in case its not for w/e reason.

Steam’s slow in getting the updates for GSB out. Just run the game and apply the patch that it downloads.

ho oh I know its slow!

I’ve run the game Hunter, not the first time I’ve had to reinstall it :slight_smile: The problem is it does not auto patch at all, so its not my problem, its steam’s.

can i add damage textures with this editor, or do i have to do it another way

You have to do it manually. The editor only lets you edit what parts of the damage texture show up when the ship takes hits and to place smoke/spark emitters.

i was playing around in the ship editor with one of the imperial ships changing were the damage goes and stuff, and it was pretty fun once i got it to work, but now i realized that i don’t think i have a backed up copy of the proper ship, it now has a few to many modules and blows up kind of strangely, so i want to go back to the original ship… how do i got back to using the damage and modal potions that came with the game?

re-install the game and make a backup folder with all the game files in it