I’m really pleased to announce that Redshirt Beta v0.7 is NOW OUT. This is a particularly HUGE UPDATE, as you can see from the changelist below. There have been lots of changes to NPC behaviour etc in particular, so please do check it out.
As usual, existing beta testers can redownload the game using the original link in their email, or, if you haven’t yet joined the beta, why not do so by preordering the game from http://redshirtgame.com?
Please note: As the game is still in beta, any old saves will unfortunately not work with this new version.
We are considering this to be the feature-complete build, very excitingly! All that’s left to work on for the most part is extra content, such as Spacebook events, status updates & posts, sound effects, voiceover, and some final bits of balancing. But, not long to go now till the official release!
Check out the changelist below, and let me know your thoughts!
Redshirt Beta v0.7
- Now reduced to 160 days till the end of the game.
- NPCs now have a variable for how often they check Spacebook. This defines responsiveness to status updates/wall posts/private messages.
- NPCs will now check their Spacebook messages and sent friend requests more often!
- Spacebook flirting consequences fixed!
- How NPCs are feeling is now made more clear, especially after events/work/end of day.
- Higher likelihood of receiving a Spacebook message from NPCs.
- NPCs are no longer so hesitant about how many times they post about one person in a given day.
- Romantic partners feel neglected if you don’t go on specifically romantic dates with them – they might message to let you know!
- Now possible to die from too many sickbay visits close together.
- NPCs get upset about one-way messaging the player.
- Fixed end-game screen.
- Station settings page on character creation – ability to define personality breakdown of NPCs (now have 5 fixed personality attributes in addition to previous 6 variable ones.) – personality attributes reflected on profile page.
- Ability to define how often away missions happen, and how overzealous the holodoctor is in monitoring your health.
- New NPC personality attribute: Bigotry affects:
- – applying for jobs if you’re the wrong species.
- – all relationship adjustments are reduced by 75%.
- – liking a bigoted status means relationship minuses with friends of targeted species and other non-bigoted friends.
- – whether they accept your friend request.
- – how they feel about going to events with people of a different species, etc.
- New NPC personality attribute: Chattiness affects:
- – How likely they are to post statuses & messages.
- New NPC personality attribute: Vanity affects:
- – Whether or not NPCs feel offended that they weren’t invited out (only vain NPCs get upset now, no-one else.)
- New NPC personality attribute: Quirkiness affects:
- – How likely NPC is to do an event which they’re not usually interested in.
- New NPC personality attribute: Fickleness affects:
- – Makes for a more extreme personality – adds modifiers to everything!
- – More likely to fall in love.
- NPCs have one interest which they are very unlikely to ever change.
- NPCs are now more likely to fall in love.
- Being more effective at work doesn’t mean you get modifier to negative attributes!
- SHOP & Inventory:
- – Fixed free repairs bug! Repairing items now actually costs money
- – Inventory arranged alphabetically.
- – Added ‘repair all’ button to inventory
- – FIXED BUG: Repairing item in SHOP doesn’t send you to top of SHOP.
- – Ability to recycle items for 10% of their value if used up, or for however much time is left before it expires.
- NPC rejecting an event invitation no longer gives two seperate hits to relationship.
- Dead NPCs no longer invited to events!
- Hurting someone you’re friends with (insults, romantic infidelity etc) now adjusts relationship proportional to how strong the relationship used to be.
- Can now buy extra actions at any time of day.
- Raised total rank cap to 14 (7 career, 7 charisma)
- Fixed bug: new characters would sometimes accidentally share profiles with other characters.
- Ambassadors are now rank 15.
- Filled out all remaining content for random work shift occurrences.
- Aspiration window now shows the rewards for completing the aspiration.
- All Spacebook events are now listed in order of Action Points
- Fixed ‘yellow alert bug’
- Properly calculating interrelationships between invitees at events
- Ability to navigate through older Spacebook entries (link at bottom) – can also use left and right arrows
- ‘Get in a relationship with’ aspiration no longer gets triggered if you’re in a relationship with someone with a shuttle ticket
- Fixed NPCs posting to someone’s profile/wall/timeline
- Fixed bugs with switching recipient of a message while on message compose page.
- Buying SHOP items now takes up 1 action point.
- Visible SHOP Items and events are now limited by your current rank.
- Linked skill/interest/etc requirements from career tree window.
- Spacebook events/work outcomes text now skippable.
- Being in a supervisor position adjusts relationship with the coworkers supervised.
- Playing as Asrion means extra unwanted attention from various characters.
- Being tagged in Spacebook status of any kind now properly adjusts relationship.
- First instance of ‘What is this thing called love?’ aspiration to be in a relationship with already-friended NPC.
I hope all of that makes sense! Once again, if you have any questions, please do post and let me know below. I’ll be recording a new dev log video (finally!) tomorrow, so I may address some of your questions there, too.