Rehabilitative Justice? Retributive Justice?

Besides Gentle Prisons and funding them well, are there other policies which could be implemented in game?

As for retributive justice, prison labour policy?

1 Like

I agree with prison labour as there were regimes that used its prisoners to make the country better, although not quite morally right~

Also, retributive justice is also great, a part of it is capital punishment with “eye for an eye” to compensate a murder victim if you follow this certain logic, but in rest not all nations focus on compensating victims of other crimes.

So victim compensation could be another form of rehabilitative justice? What about blood money?

1 Like

I mean, I don’t think victim compensation would make the preparator be pleased and would shake it off as “they have to by law” so… I don’t quite see it as rehabilitative justice…

And blood money appears to be organized crime, because it’s basically paying somebody to eliminate their target. What’cha think?

Not as in assassination, but as paying off the family of the murder victim. Like in Pakistan.

1 Like

Ohhhhhhh, this sounds like a great idea if you have a high crime with low economy nation and would be useless if it’s a crime-free nation.

1 Like

I think so?

1 Like