Requirements for new job

I’ve reached a point in the game where I’m trying to be hired as a Nutrient … something (first Nutrient one in Rank 4) and I have met all the requirements. The game recognizes this (they’re all coloured green in the requirements section) but the actual job itself remains red. When I try to apply for it I’m rejected.

Does the person in charge of hiring for that position need to like you above a certain point or are there other hidden requirements that need to be met?

Hi there!

There are no hidden requirements, but yes, the relationship with the hiring manager must be neutral or in the green in order to get hired. However, this shouldn’t make the job appear in red, so I suspect something else is going wrong. Would you please mind sending me your save file? You can find instructions on how to locate it here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=8268

You can email it to me mitu@thetiniestshark.com or upload it to the forums here. Thanks!

Hmm… the relationship was definitely in the red after I tried to apply and was rejected but I thought it was neutral before. The file is, unfortunately, too big even when compressed so I’ve emailed it to you instead.

Thanks for the email! I’ve had a look at this, and you’ve helped me find a bug where the requirements checker wasn’t properly taking into account that you met the ‘top interest’ condition! This fix is going in the next update, very sorry about that, but thanks for helping me find it! :slight_smile:

No worries, glad I could help out.