Run into a problem with module types

Apologies in advance for bad formatting, haven’t posted a module file in a while.

For any of you still left, I’ve run into a strange problem.

Here’s the error I got:
31/7/2016 - 13::55 - Module Type not found ->csr_vc_adg:…\src\SIM_ShipModuleType.cpp 314

Here’s the csr_vc_adg file:

[config]
unlockcost = 0
lockable = 1
armour_penetration = 20
blasttexture = “kinetic_blast.dds”
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_KineticWeapon”
color = 4
cost = 50
crew_required = 3
damage = 5
description = “Not much can outmatch the Collective’s Automatic Defense Gatling Turret. Extremely high rate of fire with low damage, but since it’s computerised it can track even the smallest of targets.”
fire_interval = 10
guiname = “Cruiser AD Gatling”
hitpoints = 100
icon = turret
max_range = 300
min_range = 60
name = “csr_vc_adg”
optimum_range = 200
powerconsumed = 1
shield_penetration = 20
size = “CRUISER”
sound = tribe/data/sounds/cruiser_howitzer.ogg
soundvolume = 0.5
speed = 6
tracking_speed = 5
turret_sprite = “turret_auto_v1”
turretsize = 6.0
weight = 50
slot_type = TURRET
uisortpos = 1092

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = crew_required,INTEGER
11 = optimum_range,DECIMAL
12 = min_range,DECIMAL

G’day curtis.johnson

This one has me stumped. According to what you have posted here, it should work.
So i copy / pasted your build into my game and the turret appeared . .

At this point the only thing i can think of is that the module file is not in the correct directory . .
or
the game can not find the generic turret mapping information from Gratuitous Space Battles\data\races

Made a new account since Facebook login hasn’t been implemented into the new forums yet.

Anyway, the only different thing is that the mod has several folders so the install file looks like this:

[config]
path = The Void Collective

And the ‘Void Collective’ folder contains four different folders

Which then contain individual ‘data’ folders. Perhaps I should create several different install files each pathing to each of the four folders? The problem might be that they’re all inside a big folder.

Hmm it sounds like your directory structure is not correct.

It should look something like this

\Gratuitous Space Battles\The Void Collective\data\bitmaps (Contains any new graphics)
\Gratuitous Space Battles\The Void Collective\data\hulls (Contains the new hulls)
\Gratuitous Space Battles\The Void Collective\data\modules (Contains the new weapons and modules)
\Gratuitous Space Battles\The Void Collective\data\races (Contains information about the new races)

The bet thing I can suggest is to copy one of the DLC and rename it to “The Void Collective” that way you know the directory structure is correct.

Ah. I had tried to make it a sort of organised mod folder containing five other folders containing the modules. I suppose I’ll have to make them separate mods or one large mod. Ah well.