Sim Social and Kudos 2

I’ve already got emails on the day it went live asking about the similarity between Kudos 2 and the new SimSocial game by EA. So here it the explanation:
I worked with EA years ago doing some contract work, and recently they contacted me about working with me to do a version of the Sims that would be based on the gameplay of Kudos2. That game is SimSocial. If you look in the about box for the game, you will see the credit and link back here.
I’m happy about the deal I did with EA, and think that the games complement each other well. Obviously they have major differences and I’m sure there will be some Kudos 2 players who will play SimSocial, and maybe some SimSocial players will be tempted to come try Kudos 2. It’s great to see a game idea re-implemented in another way, and I hope it’s a great success.
I thought I better announce it here right away in case anyone thinks I was ripped off (I wasn’t) or that I copied the idea from them ( I didn’t).
Cheers :smiley:

*Phew

I just logged into it this morning and was like WTF !!!

I hope they paid you plenty of Simoleans for the work Dude :wink:

Edit: They could of at least hot linked you rather than a copy link the basts…

haha, that’s exactly what I came to the forums here today for. I thought, “Wow, that sure does look oddly familure…”

Anyways, I have to agree with you. It is fun to see your game re-applied and with something as huge as the Sims 3. Nicely done!

It’s a bit weird to see it, because it feels ages ago that the game was made, and that the deal was done (I had to not mention it during their development cycle). Now I’m in full-on space battle game mode, and keep get reminded about the land of daily commutes to work and unhappy pets :smiley:

I am SO happy to see this thread!
LOL
I went to EA site and started checking out Sims 3 and SimSocial and freaked plain out! OMG I was so indignant!
Thanks for clearing this up, Cliff - kudos to ya. :slight_smile: