Some feedback

Hi, love the game, have played 12 hours in just two days. :slight_smile: Wanted to point out some things that I’ve found annoying / unintuitive.

1. Ministers in the cabinet do not seem to gain / lose loyalty according to any logic. Even if you do everything in your power to please e.g., capitalists and middle income, a minister with those sympathies might suddenly lose nearly all loyalty and threaten to leave.

2. Ministers don’t seem to gain efficiency at all. Or they are all losing loyalty and leaving too fast to gain any,

3. Party member amounts don’t seem to go up / down according to any logic. For instace: before an election, I had nearly 1,5 million members. After the election, which I won, this dropped to around 14 thousand. Meanwhile, the opposition had around 14 thousand members for the entire game (can’t remember the exact amount but it did not change at all).

4. The perceptions mechanic needs some improvements or expanding. It is too RNG for this game. For instance: My trustworthiness was around 7%, and I wanted to raise it. I did 5 media stunts, which all failed, and suddenly I was at -50%, which proved to be pretty devastating. I think the mechanic should be completely overhauled to be less RNG-based, or add another option for raising the perception, such as gaining a fixed amount per political capital used to raise it.

5. QoL improvement: PLEASE add the ability to close a “popup” window (e.g., viewing a policy) by clicking outside of it! (Instead of clicking X or pressing Esc).

By the way, these games were played as USA on the default difficulty settings with two parties. :slight_smile:

Thanks for listening!

3 Likes

I think that these are good ideas! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the feedback.

Ministers basically get better at their job the longer they do it. This is magnified if they are especially suited to the job they are in. You can see this stat as minister effectiveness, wherever you see their portrait.

Ministerial loyalty will drop if their sympathetic groups are unhappy, but this will continue to happen until you fix that unhappiness. There is also a very gradual decline in loyalty over time. Their loyalty also takes a big hit when you fire a fellow minister, so that might explain what you are experiencing?

Party membership works on the following basis:
Each citizen has an approval value for every party. As they get happier, their approval of your party will rise and the approval of rival parties will fall. The speed at which this happens depends on how fickle that specific voter is. Younger voters change loyalties much faster than older ones.
Once a citizens approval of your party reaches a certain threshold and stays there, they will become party members. If the approval gets much higher, they may even become activists.

Party members always turn out to vote, and always vote for that party. They also pay money to the party.

If you seem to have fairly happy voters but no party members, thats fine. It means that the voters are generally ‘ok’ with you as leader, but not enthusiastic enough to support you financially. Its perfectly possible to win lots of elections with almost no party members, or to spectacularly lose elections depsite having lots of members, depending on the difference between your policy choices and the will of the electorate.

Actually the perception stuff is not entirely random! Its funny that when random numbers in games are purely random players say they are too random, and when they are used (as is almost always the case) to auto-balance things a bit, people say they are still too random!

We definitely shouldn’t make it that perception events always have a positive effect. That makes it a trivial decision if you have a few points spare, and it should always involve an element of risk :smiley:

2 Likes

here is my list of ideas would you consider them. whenever you could. here is my list .

Poll tax
Sex work tax
Earned abroad income tax
gaming tax
Tourist tax
Land value Tax
religious institution tax
negative income tax
Age of consent
Voting Age
Driving Age
sex offender resigstry
public sex offender resigstry
exclusion zone orders
Housing associations
3 strikes law
Right to Buy
Rent supplements
Price control
police community relations-a general measure to show the relationship between the community and the police

sense of safety a simulation-To measure how people feel safe

New Zealand

Could you let me know what you think to them because. i have many more that i can think off that very good to add.

1 Like