Some screens incredibly slow

Hi there,

Apologies in advance if there’s either an obvious fix for this or it’s something that’s been discussed elsewhere (I have had a look).

I recently got a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 15 5000) pretty much mostly for writing, but I do play games like Democracy and Football Manager (basically games that don’t exactly require high specs).

Anyway, I bought & downloaded Democracy 4 and some of the screens are just so incredibly slow - in particular the Policy Ideas menus. I mean, just navigating it from option to option can take so long that I just give up and quit the game. I’ve tried tweaking with the settings but nothing seems to be working. I already have Democracy 3 so I’ve just installed that on the same laptop and it plays like an absolute dream without any settings needing changed, so I am completely at a loss as to what the issue is.

Is the fact that Democracy 3 runs fine but this issue happens with Democracy 4 make it obvious what it might be!?

Thanks!

Hi, sorry I have not spotted this before! Speeding up the game is a passion of mine :smiley: Is the latest version much better for you? i included some performance updates in the last update, and new changes will be in the next update.
When you say the policy ideas menu, you mean the screen to select new policies?
Do you have specs for your PC, chip and video card?
Thanks

Update… inspired by this post, I’ve done some work this evening and tommorows update to 1.16 literally doubles the framerate on that screen. I tested it on an intel laptop with a similar video card, and got about 52 fps.

Sounds potentially ideal! I’ll give it a bash later on and see if that’s us sorted!