[SOUND MOD] New dead shield sound

nothing much, nothing special, just a different shields down sound effect. put this in your data/sounds folder.
shields_fail.ogg.zip (28.6 KB)

I enjoy this cool sound. It sure has that aura of “my friend, you are well and truly F’d now!” about it. :wink: Thanks.

thanks. :smiley:

Yeah, it’s pretty good. More sounds would be apprecitiated, there are too few in the game. Needs more variation.

Yeah, I like it too.

my sound, or the others? :confused: (BTW i’m talking about von bork’s previous message)

The game itself needs more sounds, after awhile they get boring.

ah. well, good to see my sound sounds good. :smiley:

That sounds a damn much better than the current one. I always wanted to have a better sound for shields down. The current stock one sounds so … toy like. This sounds as it should be.

thx. :smiley:

hybrinoid, are you planning on making more?

Yeah, find some nice explosion effects and some weapon fx as well.

yeah, i have more. here’s a cruiser death explosion. a little more gratuitous than the current one, methinks. put this in your data/sounds folder.
explosion_destruction_cruiser2.ogg.zip (38.2 KB)

You know what… That won’t be good for your speakers when you are totally zoomed in and a ship blows up. Your whole room blows up at the same time too. You could tone the volume level down a bit. :stuck_out_tongue:

no, unfortunately, i can’t. i don’t know how. :frowning:

you know, maybe i should just put my whole sound folder on mediafire and post a link or something… nah. new rebel music.

mediafire.com/?z2mqmbiyhjm

comments? you like or not?

heck, i’ll just post some new music in a different topic…