Starting Over

So I’m a total noob and all that. I made some bad choices at the beginning of the game and would like to start over. Is that even possible?

I’m a newbie too, but as far as I know, there is little/no consequence of bad decisions early in the game.

You can replay the older missions with the knowledge of ship building and fleet deployment (not to mention unlocked goodies) you have now, and reap the benefits in form of increased honour (if you succeed and use a less expensive fleet than last time). It is not a campaign, only a series of progressively unlocked missions.

deleting the gratuitious space battles folder in mygames will reset the game. You will also lose saved ships.

I’d like to restart in terms of unlocked races, ships and modules - will this accomplish that as well?

To reset your unlocks and set your honor to zero you just need to delete My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\unl.dat
You probably also want to reset your highscores in the various Battles by deleting My Documents\My Games\GratuitousSpaceBattles\sc.dat
Then restart the game.

Worked perfectly, thank you.