Steam Installation Collectors Edition Expansions Missing

Hi,

Just recently purchased the Gratuitous Space Battles Collectors edition via Steam and installed it automatically. When I go into the game however, the three races - Swarm, Order, and Tribe - are unavailable. When I look in the directory I have the following:

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\data
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\debugdata
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\directx
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\order\ <— Ha!
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\swarm\ <— Ha!
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\tribe\ <— Ha!
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\gsb.exe
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\fmodex.dll
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\41800_install.vdf
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\GSB Manual.pdf
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\gratuitous space battles\readme.txt

I used honor to purchase Nuclear Missiles but then found afterwards they could only be used with the Order race. However when I go to the races section all I have is the standard 3 available.

I could uninstall and reinstall from steam, but it would just do the same thing again. What options do I have?

Regards,
Miavashar

I remember seeing the ability to unlock those races with honour. So that is probably what you need to do. You can always check in steam to see if the DLC is correctly installed, you can find that out by going into the properties window of the program.

Pepper,

Thanks for the quick response; I looked at the races section and while there are races I could unlock with honour, these aren’t available. When I look in steam it shows all three as installed (automatically) and they do appear in the directory. Just no way to utilize these races.

Regards,
Miavashar

What happens if you go to the Missions screen, then at the top right click the Change Race option, then scroll down? The Tribe, Order, and Swarm should be selectable there.

If RCIX’s way does not work, go to the data folder, then to installs. Add (or make sure there is) a .txt called order, swarm, and tribe, and check their contents. Their contents should look like below:

[config] path = order
And for each race. Thanks!

RCIX & Bloodaugust,

Hey - thank you for your help; it wasn’t clear that I had the races available but when I check what you recommended everything works out alright. I can now mount nucelar launchers on my ships (Order).

I’ve got a lot more to learn about this game. I appreciate the feedback and support from the community.

Thank you,
Miavashar