Still crashing :(

Okay - reinstalling helped some, but it’s still crashing fairly often… debug.txt says…
----DEBUG FILE----
Seeked to
Seeked to
Seeked to

[ – snip – ]

Seeked to
Seeked to
Seeked to
Seeked to
Seeked to
Seeked to
Seeked to
Seeked to
WARNING - No random translation keys found

with from between 5-20 of those each time it crashes… .

I did play my first ten years yesterday and yes, there was alot of crashes (alot as in more then five crashes) during that time. I didn’t check the debug files and stuff because I just wanted to play and it takes no time to restart the game and the autosave worked perfect, if I didn’t start at the day I was it was the day before.

But it is a little annoying with the crashes.

It looks like some users are having what seems to be random crashes. If you have certain nvdia drivers, we suspect these are casuing a problem with (bizzarely) our sound system. If you go into the options screen and disable the music entirely (theres a checkbox) this should fix this problem. I’m still investigating howevere.
The other bug I know of is a fairly rare save game bug, which I’m taking a look at today.

Will try disabeling the sound when I arrive at home today (not much time playing at work today :wink:)

Hello, (first message here)
I have downloaded the kudos demo.
I got crashes each time I played.
I noticed that the crashes seemed to occur at the end of a music. :exclamation:
I disabled the music in the options and the game is running well since then. :slight_smile:

Maybe there is an incompatibility with my computer or a bug in the music “transition” code.

Another point : the game doesn’t use the local keyboard char map (not English or remapped keyboard). :frowning:

I tried the planetarydefense demo but this one don’t even start. :frowning:

I really enjoy your game ideas. :smiley:
Thank you.

PS
Where can I sign in for betatesting your games :wink:

^If I may ask, cliff, is there any beta/play testing on these games. It might reduce the amount of posts on bugs on-game release.

-Rob

trust me, there was beta testing, although its done by a group of people I know. This is quite a complex game, with a huge number of interconnected systems. Beta testing did catch 90% of the bugs before I even released. But I appreciate the feedback, and I’ll make sure to have a much wider and more extensive beta in future.