[SUPPORT] [PERFORMANCE] [MAC] - slow running game

Hi,

I’ve just purchased the Marketing & Malpractice DLC after having previously acquired the main game some time ago now and having just installed and booted, the game seems to be running very slowly. Just wandering if that’s usual for a machine of my spec as I’m sure I meet the minimum requirements.

I’m running:

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012)
macOS High Sierra 10.13.12
2.7 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M 512 MB

Resolution: 1920 x 1080

I’ve tried adjusting the resolution, lowering to 1024 x 768 and there was a small improvement but not enough to run the game as smoothly as I would have hoped.

I’m pretty sure that when I acquired the main game, I did launch it initially and I didn’t notice the issue, however I’m not sure that I had actually played any at that stage as my steam time was only clocked at 2 mins play time. (I do seem to remember starting the tutorial and thinking I’d come back to it)

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

james

Hi Cinameng,

I’m sorry for the late reply, I’ve been away on my holidays.

Are you experiencing slow performance all the time or only after you build a big factory? I would agree that your specs should be able to run the game. Lowering the resolution probably won’t make much difference as the performance is normally CPU limited.

It’s slow before I even begin a game, even at the menu screen it’s chugging unfortunately, no idea why. Shame as I really want to play.

Hi Cinameng, are there any programs running in the background that could be slowing the computer down? I’m really sorry but I can’t think of anything else to suggest. You could try looking at general “performance increase” guides out on the web?

Unfortunately it might just be that your computer is not powerful enough. Coming up with minimum specs can be a bit of a black art because there are just so many combinations of GPU and CPU out there. I’m sorry to have disappointed you. :frowning:

I don’t know if it’s still possible to get a refund via Steam?