[SUPPORT] Pixelated, uneligable font after v1.04.00 update

I updated the Big Pharma today, but after the update the font in the game is pixelated and very hard to read on my laptop. I restarted the game and the computer, but that didn’t help. The other graphics (like the machines in the factory or the ingredients in the ingredients tab) are fine. It’s just the font.
Changing the resolution didn’t help, but I also can’t read them, so I am not sure what I can change about the graphics settings to restore the font to pre-update.
I’m running the windows version on my laptop and it worked fine before the update.

I added a few screenshots to illustrate.

Is there something I can do to change the font so I can read it again?
Thanks!

In the latest update I doubled the size of the font texture to allow for Russian characters and more accented characters. It appears that your PC is struggling with the increased requirement for texture memory.

If you look carefully, you’ll see that the belts are also a little fuzzy. If you try building some of the bigger machines e.g. UV Curer, I expect you’ll encounter a similar fuzziness. This suggests that your graphics card is struggling to load all of the textures into memory.

Can you post your machine specs please? I should be able to confirm if that is the issue.

If that is the issue, then you have a couple of options:

• Upgrading your graphics card or increasing the amount of RAM you have should solve the issue.
  • Or, as it was working before, you could roll back to the old version of the game (you don’t need the new fonts anyway). Do you have any of your old installers available? If not then email me at support@twicecircled.com and I can help. :slight_smile:

In the longer term, I could look at adding a low-texture-memory option in the options. But this will take time (I’m not planning another update for another 2 months) so you’re better off trying one of the options above first.

Sorry for your trouble,

Tim

Thank you for your attention to my problem :slight_smile:

I still have the installer for the previous version. I reinstalled and now the game works well again.

My laptop’s specs are:
Processor: Intel Atom CPU D525 @1.80 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB
System type: 64-bit Operating system, x64-based processor
graphics card: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3150

Honestly, this is quite an old laptop and not at all build for gaming. However, it is currently the only computer I have access to, since I am abroad for an internship for a few months. At home, my desktop PC is more capable for gaming and I expect not to have any problems running Big Pharma.
I choose to buy Big Pharma because it runs even on my old laptop :slight_smile: and it has not disappointed me.

Thanks again for your help.

Dude, Im having the exact SAME problem too. Feel free to visit -> viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16109