[support][win7] Game reboots computer on new game

Hey

I’ve bought the game via humble bundle. After I d/l and installed, the game loaded to the new game screen. I press the first tutorial and my computer reboots.
After that when I try to load the game I only get a gray screen, or to the logo screen. If I delete the save game file I can get to the new game screen again, but then it just reboots again.

I’ve tried reinstalling and that didn’t help. I’ve tried re-downloading and that didn’t help. I’ve tried updating my graphics driver and that didn’t help.
The log file only shows the error on the corrupted save game file, not on the crash itself:

Please help.

Initialize engine version: 4.6.0f3 (30840d631a27)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvumdshim.dll 10.18.13.5560]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M    
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     979 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 RAWZ=0 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\CraftyCompress.3.5.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\CraftyCompress.3.5.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Launchie.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\Launchie.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.058 seconds
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1366x768 60Hz; virtual: 1366x768 at 0,0
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Big Pharma\Big Pharma_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing!

(Filename:  Line: 1788)

[SingletonPrefab] Using instance already created: Backbone

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Unloading 2 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)

Unloading 1 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 11348.
Total: 9.286423 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.681459 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.191403 ms MarkObjects: 7.934793 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.045156 ms)

JsonException: Invalid character '
  at LitJson.Lexer.NextToken () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at LitJson.JsonReader.ReadToken () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at LitJson.JsonReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at LitJson.JsonMapper.ReadValue (System.Type inst_type, LitJson.JsonReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at LitJson.JsonMapper.ToObject[GlobalSave] (System.String json) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Store.LoadGlobalSave () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Store.LoadGlobalSaveAndCheckForMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at SplashScreen.StartLoadProcess () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at Fader+<YieldAFrame>c__Iterator7.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I’m sorry you’re encountering issues playing the game.

Thank you for the error log, you’re right, this is showing the save game file not being able to load, but it’s not to do with permissions, it’s to do with a corrupt file. My guess is this file is being corrupted because of the ‘random’ reboot issue, so let’s concentrate on that.

I know it’s painful to go through the process again, but can you please delete your save game, run the game, start a new game and allow the computer to reboot. Then BEFORE trying to run the game again, grab the error log and paste it here. With a full reboot it’s unlikely that much will be there but the logs that come before the reboot might give me some indication of what is going on.

The next thing is can you find any other error logs. I have a feeling that if the game hard crashes, that it spits out additional logs. Can you find any files that look like logs?

I’ve done what you’ve said, but if I do that there is no log after the reboot - the “normal” one or any other file that looks like a log.
Also, I’ve checked the windows system log, and I don’t see any error message leading to the crash, only that the last shutdown was unexpected.

Anything?

I’m sorry, somehow your last message slipped through the net, I never saw the reply. Again, apologies.

Are your audio and video card drivers up to date?

A full system reboot suggests a very fundamental issue. Does this happen with any other games?