Survival Mode: Orion Ambush Score Shenanigans

After trying this survival mode again, I looked at the top scores and noticed that the fourth place score had an odd race listed:

4 RBA-Wintrow 171,261 edf

What race is “edf”?

The rest of the races listed with scores over 50,000 were all rebel or federation with the exception of one tribe.

I’ve gotten over 100,000 on Encounter at Andromeda (once) with an unmodded entry, but to get that high on the list I think you need to mod. This person just modded their race name along with the rest. Once you are modding, it doesn’t matter so much which race you start with, so I assume most who do it start with their favorite. I guess alot of people like Federation or Rebels. Actually it’s not hard to make a ship that could run up unlimited scores, the problem for me is to make one that won’t crash the game once they get into the 500,000 region or so.

My guess is that EDF = Earh Defense Force from Starblazers

That was me. I accidentally clicked “Submit” after a survival session. :slight_smile: Force of habit.
My “Real” highscore is much lower. Something around 80k. Those cloaking plasma hurlers always weaken me to much to survive the EMPing frigates that come after them.

The Starblazers mod gives you beams that can reach nearly everywhere on the map.

My “Real” highscore is much lower. Something around 80k. Those cloaking plasma hurlers always weaken me to much to survive the EMPing frigates that come after them.