[TC] Gratuitous Stargate Battles

I’ve received permission from Mallacore to use his designs. So far I’ve made an Exaclibur class Battleship, Daedalus and Ares Cruisers, a Tempest Frigate, and an F-302 Fighter. I’m working on getting permission to add in another fighter from another person, but it may be a couple of days before I find out if that’s going to happen. Just as soon as I finish up some balancing, and hard point placement issues I’ll post them up here for everyone. It may take a little while to happen though as I’m currently a bit busy with school, but shouldn’t take more than a week or so.

A few screenshots can be found here… viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2905&start=15 .

Oh, cool Woden. Somehow I didn’t realize you were working on this.

all Woden’s working on are hulls, as far as i can see. They’re cool, but i want more. stargate scenarios. stargate races. other random stargate stuff. JUST MORE STARGATE!

Yeah hulls are pretty much all I’m going to be doing for now. I might try to make a few scenarios from the TV show, but I’m not the most creative person in the world so they’ll probably be mediocre at best. I’ll also be throwing out a module pack once I’ve finished with the hulls that will have some of the weapons and technology from the show (or as close as I can get). Some of the things I’m thinking of are Asgard shields, an Asgard Beam weapon, Asgard computer core, Asgard Power Core, railguns, fighter missiles, etc. After that I’ll try to find some good renders of different races ships to turn into hulls for the game, and then release module packs for them as well. Hopefully I’ll eventually end up with something close to what this was supposed to be, but we’ll see.

I think we can also do race specific shields, with multiple levels of effectiveness. Cloaking should be pretty effective also…also: beam naquadah bombs onto ships w/o shields (I doubt we could mod that in tho), and tauri could have sg teams that can try and beam on to/gate into ships (pretty simple, just remove the animation)

Yeah, obviously Tauri and Asgard would have better shields and stuff.