Test The next patch NOW!

If you are willing to try out the next patch (1.16) before it is released, you can download it here:

positech.co.uk/gratuitousspa … eta116.exe

And I would love to hear feedback on anything I may have broken, or anything that is worse after this patch. I’ve been testing it all day and everything seems fine to me, but it’s always good to get multiple eyeballs giving it the once-over before I inflict it on everyone.
The readme has the fix list.
If you aren’t sure, just wait until it’s released, it will be any day now.

found a crash

link to topic http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=3369

I downloaded and installed the patch, no problems. I tried out the survival mode with the same fleet that got me 106,000 before and this time 115,000. I am not sure this was due to the patch specifically as it could have just been a luckier attempt. I didn’t notice any gameplay problems… but I am not so sure about the slide whistle shield drop =)

Installed the patch, jumped into survival mode, and about three minutes into it, I got this error in a pop-up box:

ERROR - FMOD[Failed to create sound] (23) File not found.
:…\src\GUI_Sounds.cpp 635

Upon pressing OK in the error window, the game crashed to desktop.

edit Reproduced twice more in the same circumstances.

yeah, it seems to be everyone getting this error in the new survival mode, myself included

Silly question. Will patching this cause problems for an impluse buyer?

I’ll fix this today. If you haven’t already installed it, you may we well skip it until the proper one is released now

Ok, if you downloaded this patch and ran it, please re-download it and re-run it, because it’s fixed now. The autopatcher will not trigger for you again (the proper one is released now) because its the same version number.
Thanks,

Good thing I waited for a response.

Not sure if you wanted the patch on Impulse yet or not, but GSB is downloading the 1.16 EXE patch, however it’s specifying a non-existent directory to where the game is installed under Impulse [Game is installed here: C:\Program Files\Positech Games\Gratuitous Space Battles]. The patcher is pointing to: [C:\Program Files\Gratuitous Space Battles]

If I were to install the patch, I don’t know how Impulse would treat that. It might try to re-download the 1.15 version as the core data files would be different from the Impulse servers.