🇰🇷 The awesome south korea discussion thread. Oh yes

True, but from a high level, surely the results are fairly similar, in that they are effectively a tax on consumer purchases? Sales tax directly, and VAT feeds down the purchase chain until it hits the customer (the only people who cannot reclaim it). The UK has VAT but its implemented in the game as Sales Tax for simplification.

2 Likes

Immigration still pushes up ethic minorities too hard.

I think more stuff should change liberal/capitalist memberships.
Maybe it should be influenced by group happiness.

State schools also could being income at lowest level.

There is permanent disconnect between theoretical value and actual value.
Is wrong membership variable being used?

Also there was no warning about term limit…
I wanted to convert South Korea to Best Korea.

2 Likes

I think the donors should use the new minister profiles too? I could buy one non-asian donor, but all of em?

I would also love if the North Korean threat were resolvable. The power bloc policy from Democracy 3 Africa or similar system could help? Perhaps country specific policies taking steps towards reunification could work too? Or other peacemaking, appeasement gestures?

1 Like

I definitely want to reuse some of the ministers as donors. It just means some fiddling with code…
Actually resolving the north Korea situation would be quite a big deal in terms of policy. Maybe outside the scope of the game. On the same scale as Scotland leaving the UK etc.

3 Likes

These are just some of the suggestions that would you consider looking into.

1. Price controls

2. Council tax which is a UK specific policy. A bit like the solidarity tax in Germany which is a German specific policy.

3. Land value tax.

4 Price of energy that when a company that is the deregulated/privatised Price goes up.

5 Power blackouts.

1. Housing subsidies

7.Live rounds when the army/ police shoot live rounds.

1. Martial law

It’s just a suggestion possibly if you wanted could look into them.

1 Like

are these in general or for Korea?

1 Like

Those policies could be used for any country. Except the council tax which is a UK specific policy on how we raise revenue here in the United Kingdom. Before we had council tax which was introduced in 1992 it was called poll-tax and it was abolished because of the poll-tax protest of 1990. Also I think that devolution should be part of the UK since the UK has devolution. I can think of many other suggestions for countries are more than happy to give my suggestions.

VAT is when a price is paid again. so when you pay for an item so you pay Item price Then you pay a separate VAT tax price on top of it which is about 20% here in the United Kingdom. Sales tax is a bit different because in the way it operates rather than having two separate prices the sales tax price and the item price are both are combined. so then you pay for one rather than paying for two separate prices. I think the government has introduced a sales tax for online sales. Most countries around the world have VAT only countries that don’t our countries like America and Saudi Arabia if I remember quite rightly.