The March of Progress [V0.2.0]

another thing, were i can find the needed info (or comprensive guide :P) for make weapons like you? i want to make reality my ideas :smiley:

I actually just copied the text from the MWM and Multiwarhead missiles so i had all the fields i needed, then entered the values to be what i wanted them to be. It’s pretty simple, although the stumbling block was when i tried to make the file show up w/out editing an existing file. I’m Helion_Pandora on Skype, drop me a message there or here if you need help moding weapons.

These specificaly represented weapons from the novel i’m writing. The races will end up being those from the story, although sadly I can’t do 3D moding to save my life, and don’t have the money to commission someone (Like Eich) to do the 3d renders for me :stuck_out_tongue:

U can always learn sketchup, the easiest 3d modelling program available and free. Believe me, u will learn in 2 days max and u will create your first 3d ship in less than a week. I encountered 3d modelling programs too complex for learning till i discovered sketchup, it is sooo easy to model a 3d ship!!. And after u have the model done, use kerkythea to render the image. It is awesome when u can render a model in 2048x2048 and make the sprite at that resolution, so it will be awesome looking in the game even zooming at 100%. I always say this to the modders i find, cuz i want GSB to stay alive for alooong time!! :wink: (my next mod after i finish the wip right now, will be entirely from 3d modeled ships).

I’ll give Sketchup a try in a bit, i’m experimenting with the campaign more atm xD

Well, i just moded the Experimental Mod light rocket battery, (sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry know I should have asked for permission)
Im trying to make an Advanced Light Long-Ranged Rocket Battery, but i cant modify it to have more than one rocket flying at the same time per weapon… How i do that? Or it cant be done? I mean, The rocket launcher can only keep one at the same time in the air? Errr… space :stuck_out_tongue:
This is the “alpha”:

[code][config]
unlockcost = 6000
lockable = 1
armour_penetration = 21
category = “WEAPONS”
classname = “SIM_MissileModule”
cost = 120
crew_required = 10
damage = 5
decoy_release_range = 450
description = “A variation of the first version. An amazing range, but sacrified damage and penetration. But look! It’s a sniping weapon for impatient gunners!”
fire_interval = 75
salvo_interval = 75
salvo_size = 15
flareuvid = 3
fuel = 1100
guiname = "Destroyer Advanced Light Rocket Battery "
has_decoys = 0
has_flare = 1
has_splines = 1
hitpoints = 52
icon = turret
min_range = 250
max_range = 970
missilelength = 4.0
missilespeed = 1.30
missilewidth = 2.0
name = “exp_destroyer_fed_rocket2”
powerconsumed = 5
restricted = “federation”
shield_penetration = 30
size = “FRIGATE”
sound = data/sounds/missile_launch.ogg
soundpriority = 0.25
soundvolume = 0.23
tracking_speed = 1.15
turnspeed = 0.42
turret_sprite = “turret_miss_v4”
turretsize = 8
warhead = EXPLOSIVE
weight = 58
slot_type = TURRET
uisortpos = 1160

[dataitems]
0 = cost,DECIMAL
1 = weight,DECIMAL
2 = hitpoints,DECIMAL
3 = powerconsumed,DECIMAL
4 = max_range,DECIMAL
5 = damage,DECIMAL
6 = fire_interval,INTEGER
7 = tracking_speed,DECIMAL
8 = shield_penetration,DECIMAL
9 = armour_penetration,DECIMAL
10 = crew_required,INTEGER
11 = min_range,DECIMAL
12 = has_decoys,BOOL
13 = missilespeed,DECIMAL
14 = fuel,DECIMAL
[/code]
Put it in: 3xper1ment4l\data\modules\
well… i dont know if it is needed xD
HELP!
EDIT: Atm this is just a useless nice looking weapon :stuck_out_tongue:
EDIT2: eh, I just recently thought, should move this to a new topic?

U cant make to shot 2 missiles / rockets at once or while another missile is still flying. The missile / rocket modules works that way, only 1 missile per shot. When a missile dissapear, then another missile can get into action. The most u can do is to raise the missile speed, and lower the “fuel” parameter making the missiles die early and get another missile in action as soon as possible.

While i still would love to see salvo missiles - there is a crude work around

You use the multi missile code and (in this case) give it 2 warheads
then set the decoy release range so it spit as soon as the missile fired . .

It works, but again, its a crude solution

ohh… S***… Thats not good… not for my ideas…

Yes, im doing that but there is a limit, for the spectator, the missiles cant be too fast, because it loss reality.
yeah i know, there is not much reality in a space combat game with a lot of futuristic weapons and alien races :stuck_out_tongue:
xD
Anyways Thx for the help, i will continue working.

Hey lkohime, sorry for posting off topic things in your post. Thanks for the help, again. :smiley:

This is a fairly good idea, except that it gives you FOUR shots (which isn’t exactly a bad thing…)
Anyways i’ve had my hands full trying to kill the Campaign as many ways as i can

While that is true lkohime, the default number of decoys is 3. (which gives you a total of 4 warheads)

However if i could bring to your attention - In one of the more recent Updates, cliffski introuduced into the missile code a new parameter that enables modders to change the number of decoys. Therefore any purchased copy should already have this part of the code enabled. So you can change the number of decoys to 1 (which gives you 2 warheads)

Really! Where is this particular line of code? (This is 1.49, i assume?)

Check the change log for the exact version and parameter needed.
So in this case it would go a little like this (if i remember correctly)

has_decoys = 1 <-makes it a multi missile
submunitionslive = 1 <-Makes the decoys go boom
num_submunitions = 2 <-number of decoys (max 6)

Just remember to set the decoy_release_range to something appropriate so the missile splits at launch
(again - if i remember correctly i set it to 3000)

The only line i didn’t know of was the num_submunisions. The other two i make use of in this mod xD

Thanks for that, i’ll be experimenting with it

The new code lines added in a somewhat ““recent”” update (1.47) were:

num_submunitions = 6 flaresize = 16
Both are only for missiles. I really hate the 6 submunitions limit, Cliff could at least increase it to 12-15 :3

Don’t worry, as long as you say from which mod you took the file you tweaked when showing it you are free to do whatever you like with it :slight_smile:
(in the case of my mods, don’t know about other modders though)