THE NOMADS (New race)

Does the same hold true for Impulse? My boys and I LOVE Gratuitous Space Battles and are anxiously waiting for The Nomads and GSB Campaign expansions. I’ve checked Impulse everyday since Nomads was released and haven’t seen a thing about it.

Just bought it from the site. Paid full price, I can afford it. Love this game, and can’t wait to get home tonight and play. (Going to need the down time, project going live tonight, so long work day and no lunch break.)

I need help.
:[

I just bought this, (Discount, because I’m unemployed), installed it in the correct place next to the other race folders, but the race isn’t showing up in the game.
I own GSP from Steam, so I made sure to change the install directory to the correct place, but I can’t find them in-game…

Check the installer didn’t create a Gratuitous Space Battles folder inside your Gratuitous Space battles root folder.

Thanks.
^.^
I figured it out just after I posted. Checked the Support board and sure enough, extra folder.

Thank you for the response regardless, I appreciate it.

On a side note, THE NOMADS ARE FREAKIN’ AWESOME!
(As illustrated by caps lock)

I paid full price, a fiver is marginal compared to other expenses I have (£1K a month in childminder costs shudder) and I like to support the ongoing development of this game. Also ships that suit being called ‘Flash’ and ‘Ming’ are fun.

No new scenarios this time round is okay but I would have liked to seen better balance of the Nomad ship stats (sizes, bonuses) as too many hulls feel redundant compared against a certain type in each class (Awazem, Ummer, Hajaya). The dogfight laser (great concept) currently feels pointless - why add a race specific weapon whose stats are worse than the generic options available?

For me the stats don’t feel as thoroughly worked through as they should be and require attention in the next patch.

After a little fun thanks to my stupid net connection, I downloaded and installed this DLC. The pricing ‘expirement’ is interesting to say the least, but I went for the $6 since I might have felt guilty otherwise. Anyways…

A new frigate engine? YAY!
Salvo weapons? Will all of the other weapons that fall into this category (Order Radiation Gun?) get the ‘stats’ update as well?
Why do the Nomad missiles have slightly shorter range than regular missiles? I know they have crazy speed, but is the same range game breaking?
Very interesting designs, but where did the names come from? Something from the Arabian peninsula? (Like the Swarm are Egyptian, Rebels are Norse/Greek/Roman)

Pretty good all in all.

Nice with new races, bought the discount edition due to me being a student, however if/when it is released on impulse i might buy it there as well in a period of wealth :smiley: just to get it all on the same place. Still makes me feel a bit cheap though…

Now eagerly awaiting the campaign!

If I get this, it’s going to be the Discount version. I have no interest in the race, but tardfaces leaving the boxes or Order and now also for Nomads checked when they aren’t needed makes GSB challenges almost impossible for me to play.

Hot damn, those Nomad ships are gigantic! Will definitely be buying this, at full price; $3 is pocket change and it’s more than worth it to support your work.

Great job and keep it up!

Do the Nomads not have maps of their own?

I went to battle against AI controlled Nomad ships, and to my dismay, I could not find any. I’ve enjoyed trying to overcome the Tribe, Order and Swarm, and am very disappointed not to be able to do the same thing with the Nomads.

Yeah, no included scenarioes. But Cliffski did state that in the expansion description. I too would have liked to see more battles, but Cliffski is right that new weapons and hulls are the main attraction when it comes to racial expansions. Now if there was an expansion of new missions and maybe some generic weapons available for all races…

Yeah, I love the artwork on the Nomads - my personal favorite is the Hareeb. Cliffski is currently working on a campaign expansion that should significantly extend game play and make the scenarios moot. Check out this link here

Trust me, I know about the campaign. I’m excited enough that I would pay $10 or more, instead of the normal $5.99. But still, some new weapons and scenarioes aren’t something only I want, I’m sure.