The Official Nomad thread! :D

What do you think of the Nomads?

• I love em! One of my new favorite races.
  • They’re okay and fun to use, but not my favorite.
  • I tried them, but they’re just not my cup of tea.

0 voters

After a bit of failed attempts, I finally found a beautiful groove with the Nomads.

At first I was using them just because they were new, and looked awesome. (Kudos to the artist.) I just loved their designs and colors, and the first thing I did was take the blue Cruiser and name it Blue Submarine No. 6 ^.^;;

Then I started messing with the race-specific modules and weapons, and was very, very pleased.

After using them, they have become by-far my favorite race in the game now.

I want to know what people think of the new race, what they like and dislike, comparisons to their own personal favorite race, etc.

The ships are absolutely gorgeous. The Baggara looks like a submarine, and I used to be a submariner, which is probably why I’m so taken by it; that and it’s blue, which is the most selling color for vehicles (cars and motorcycles (I used to be a m/c saleman)). They remind me of the Flash Gordon ships. But, with modern, huge, intimidatingly powerful-looking engine nacelles.

With their fast weapons they are fun to watch. Their fire rate looks like the game speed is set to 2.4 or higher.

They are quick and easy to build.

What about - I don’t have them? Poll is incomplete.

Just to be clear–no mention I can see on web site either way–there aren’t new missions featuring Nomads with the Nomad expansion pack, right? (To sate that we’d have to go to an online challenge. . .)

RC

I’m trying to figure out what to do because I have a DuelDown challenger who used Nomads (which I don’t have). And no in-game way of sending him a message…

Gah, you’re right. I need to add another poll option for “Do not have.”

It is a little disappointing that there isn’t any Nomad story challenges, but not enough to complain about, because I’m sure there will be plenty of new challenges online for it.

Uhm…how can I edit the thread?
^.^;;

Thanks for confirming, I must have missed that Cliffski post.

RC

It seems like so far most love the Nomads, out of those who have them anyways.

I love them. My Nomad fleets don’t seem as strong as my Order ones… but they look so much nicer! :slight_smile:

I totally agree. Their Retro-theme is so pleasant.