Ok, i notice a lot of hate around here on The Order. So i thought i’d take some notes on how the Order could use some improvement:
- First off, i don’t bother with fighters. Having a negative speed boost for other things like power generation kinda defeats the point of them. The only fighter worth using looks to be the Acolyte fighter.
- The Spirit frigate, when compared with the Saviour frigate, seems absolutely worthless. For 30 more base cost, you get an armor boost instead of a hull drain, not to mention more power and more modules. Same deal with the Priest vs. [other order cruiser].
- As an extension of point one, the Order bonuses seem all over the place. To fix this, what if you did something like this:
- Priest gets -30% speed, +20% hull/armor for 240 base cost
- Crusader gets -12% speed, +20% power, +10% shields for 170 cost
- Trinity gets -15% speed, +15% power, +15% hull for 145 cost
- Temple gets -15% speed, +20% power, +15% armor for 200 cost
- Spirit gets +10% power, -10% speed, -10% hull, +15% shields
- Saviour gets +30% power, -15% speed, +6% armor
- Redemption gets -30% speed, +25% shields, +10% armor
- Salvation gets +35% speed, -20% hull
- Disciple gets -15% power, +10% armor/hull
- Acolyte gets +10% speed
I’ll post later on how the unique weapons (firefly rockets & limpet mines?) fare, as well as my impressions with using the race.