THE TRIBE (Expansion pack)

Theres no reason kinetic weapons can’t end up being available to other races, but I wanted to give the tribe something different so they had a distinctive play style. The same is true for salvos, for now.

Major Tribe problem: they have one fighter hull that is strictly worse than another. One of their fighter hulls costs 6-7 more, gives .70 less power, and has absolutely no compensating features. It even masses the same - give both hulls the same equipment, and they perform equally. It’s just that one is more power restricted and more expensive at the same time, making it utterly useless.

Myself as well cannot get the patch to work.

Please post exactly where the patch should install please.

Thanks for making a very ( so far ) enjoyable game.

Is there a document or web page that describes exactly how the kinetic weapons work?

I briskly went through the blurb and bought it right away! Doesn’t matter if there wasn’t much content since I am supporting an excellent game and excellent one man team.

Same for me. Great product, great support, unprecedented access to the developer, no DRM … I wish every game was like this.

Looks great. I’ll buy it when it hits Steam. (It’s easier to load stuff on steam, and I use the steam backup stuff to store copies of my games to my 1TB backup drive.) I hope you work with them soon to get the latest patch and the DLC! Plus, I dislike Paypal. Just a personal thing I guess…

Nuke…

Got both GSB and the Tribe at once and I am very happy with them both. Just hope more ships, races and weapons are added because this game eat away the hours as it is, so more the better :slight_smile: Great game.

Well, I bought the game and the expansion the same day. I had already chew heavily as the federation and the rebels, and when I installed it, I could build the ships for the Tribe, but when I entered battle, It would close and spit out something about a missing sound file.

Trying to fix it now. I’m an artilleryman in real life, so not being able to use howitzers make me sad. ;-;

Edit!

Can’t get the tribe to work. Oy. >.< At first a sound file would pop up missing and crash the game. Tried futzing with it, crashed it so it wouldn’t even start up. Managed to get it to work again for the original game. However now the Tribe only show white blocks for engine glow AND I still get the damn sound file crash. Doh!

Any suggestions? I bought the game through steam and got the game through the site.

when you installed the tribe did you make sure you selected the folder where steam installed GSB? it does not automatically find the right folder, and if the folder is wrong, all kinds of problems can occur.

I did have it installed to the wrong folder, but then tried manually throwing the right items in there. What folder should I install it too?

Don’t do that it will just not work. You need to uninstall it and the reinstall it. install it to the very same folder GSB was installed to.

Bought, paid for, enjoyed.

I mean, the description of the howitzer nails the appeal of this for me; It’s all in the THUD. Any chance of more kinetic weaponry to make it possible to field an all-kinetic fleet while covering more bases than just close combat? I mean, lasers, you got close and mid ranged lasers with varying tracking, and missiles come in many varieties, but the howitzer and the other gun are pretty similar in use, and I’d so love a longer ranged “proper” howitzer, personally!

Anyway, microtransactions = fine in this format, with me. Six goddamn euros ain’t jack for this, to me.

Im having the same problem with the missing sound file. The game runs smoothly while playing all races including the tribe, but when i equipt autocannons or any other type tribe weapon and get into firing range the game crashed and say that im missing a sound file.

14/12/2009 - 4::57 - ERROR - FMOD[Failed to create sound] (23) File not found.
:…\src\GUI_Sounds.cpp 635
14/12/2009 - 5::4 - ERROR - FMOD[Failed to create sound] (23) File not found.
:…\src\GUI_Sounds.cpp 635

This is weird because there are only 3 sound files in the download catch. It doesen’t help to re-install the folder in any of the places people have posted. So i basically can play tribe only without the weapon systems. What can the problem be? Im running the game on XP and not windows 7.

i had this problem as well. you need to NOT TOUCH where the tribe files go, otherwise, THEY WILL FUCK UP.

I have tried the many suggestions posted in other threads since my last request for help was ignored.
So far nothing has worked. Now i ask again . Where the files go to get tribes to work. I bought GSB thru steam and the expansion thru your site.
Would appreciate at least a thanks for running off with my money at least.

I resent that
Nobody has ‘run off with your money’
Have you emailed tech support? or anyone at positech.co.uk?
Have you looked in the support forum where there are multiple threads explianing again and again the information you are asking for…?

You just run the installer and tell it to install intot he same folder steam instaleld the game. That is it, that is all you have to do.
Steam PROBABLY installed it in \program files\steam\steamapps\common\gratuitousspacebattles

activate the Tribes installer

Install to C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common

The

\gratuitous space battles

Should be added on automatically. Updates and Expansions Want to install to
C:\Program Files\Gratuitous Space Battles
Which is probably where all your up to date files are hiding.

did that didnt work

Did that …see above

Did that didnt work

I am glad you do…shows you give a shit at least

But it still doesnt work despite uninstalling. Reapplying the patch, cutting and pasting the folders and now i am sick of it. I will just play this game without it.

Funny just saw that the Tribes expansion became available thru steam. Aint getting suckered again.

If you look in the steamapps folder, with gratuitous spavce battles in it, inside the gratuitous space battles folder you should have ‘data’ and also ‘tribe’. Do you have this?