The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (01/03/2011)

I released the first version of my mod, then released a second version with some balance changes.

Mod: Beastslayers (Homeworld Cataclysm Mod)
Author: Peter1x9
Notes: This mod features a new race from the Homeworld universe, the Kiith Somtaaw.
Requirements: Swarm
[color=blue]http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5892

update for ‘Ancient Powers’ mod:
Status: version 0.162 is available, which adds Aegyptus with many new modules (about 48)

I just ported the old Star Blazers mod to GSB v1.5 thanks to darkstar076’s help. Maybe you can add it to the list ?

Mod: Star Blazers
Author: tater
Notes: Two new races with their own modules. Gameplay is quite different (fast ships, long ranges, limited ammo for fighters)
Requirements: None
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4172&start=60#p45235

I released a new version of my mod.

Mod: Beastslayers (Homeworld Cataclysm Mod)
Author: Peter1x9
Notes: This mod features a new race from the Homeworld universe, the Kiith Somtaaw.
Requirements: Swarm
[color=blue]http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5892

Updated :slight_smile:

@knightofni, thanks for taking the effort of fixing the compatibility issues of the Star Blazers mod with newest versions of GSB and providing a mirror for its download :slight_smile:

Created a new thread for the script to restrict the base modules (http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6230) and uploaded a newer version that doesn’t crash on existing designs.

would it be possible to add which mods are mac friendly? So far only Uni-T and Ancient Powers mods are available from my scouring of the different mods. Any others would be great!

It is possible to convert dds to png. Just open dds in GIMP (get it if you don’t have t, its free!) and save as png. That how I played scavengers. But it take a looong time, especially for big mods. The text files don’t need any changing, because all of the original one say .dds at the end, and obviously it uses the png.

Despite converting sprites may be something simple, not everyone wants/has the time to be bothered with converting a bunch of files to play a specific mod. Other people don’t even know which and where are the files they need to change in order to use the mod.

I may add tags for the few mods which have mac version available when I get some free time.

Change this please :wink:

Mod: Praetorian Industries
Author: The modding community and Praetors.
Notes: A new race for GSB, This Mod adds a lot of innovations that came from different people in the community, in PI Mod the entire community can help, opine, and do their own part.
Requirements: Tribe, Order, Swarm, Nomads.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=5698

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Suggestion : put mods that don’t have a download in a separate category.

Fighter squad names.

Phonetic Alphabet:

[names] Alpha Squad Bravo Squad Charlie Squad Delta Squad Echo Squad Foxtrot Squad Golf Squad Hotel Squad India Squad Juliet Squad Kilo Squad Lima Squad Mike Squad November Squad Oscar Squad Papa Squad Quebec Squad Romeo Squad Sierra Squad Tango Squad Uniform Squad Victor Squad Whiskey Squad X-ray Squad Yankee Squad Zulu Squad

Greek alphabet:

[names] Alpha Squad Beta Squad Gamma Squad Delta Squad Epsilon Squad Zeta Squad Eta Squad Theta Squad Iota Squad Kappa Squad Lambda Squad Mu Squad Nu Squad Xi Squad Omricon Squad Pi Squad Rho Squad Sigma Squad Tau Squad Upsilon Squad Phi Squad Chi Squad Psi Squad Omega Squad

just put this as a txt in your shipnames folder :slight_smile:

Update

Mod: Ancient vs Microbe
Author: 123stw
Notes: This mod includes 2 new race, The Ancient (composed with plant images), and Microbe (composed with… Microbes)
Requirements: Order, Swarm, GSB v1.53 (uses “Last stand” command in missions)
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4995

Mod: Classic Dreadnoughts
Status: Progressive release (06/14/2011), very-long-term development of additional content
Author: Archduke Astro
Notes: A bold update of my original 2009 mod, this adds one massive - and massively armed - new cruiser design to each of the official “Core 4” races. Two ship modules included as well. Major racial backstory & dreadnought histories included.
Multiple story hooks for many possible adventures with the vanilla races.
Praised in-thread by Cliffski as being a mod that’s “fantastic”, and blogged as “Check this out, it’s just great :D”, and “something that any hardcore GSB player should probably take the time to check out”. He even tweeted about it! :slight_smile:
Requirements: GSB 1.54 or higher.
http://positech.co.uk/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6465

Woah, thanks. I didn’t follow the modding scene for GSB too closely so far, so it’s cool to have all that stuff collected in one thread. This will absolutely make me play the game again (have no internet connection, so these new scenarios etc. should be absolutely perfect).

I released it! Can I has posting?

Mod: Giant Space Zombie Survival
Author: CptFox
Notes: Fulfil all your zombie splattering need with-ought leaving GSB! Featuring one game mode and one zombie type(at the moment)!
Requirements: None
URL viewtopic.php?f=23&t=6365

Sorry people for the lack of updates in the compilation. I’m reorganizing the whole post so it may take a while until I update the OP.

Can we Add the B5 Mod? Link in sig line.

I did a search, but “Galactic Conquest” revealed little, and “Campaign” was ignored, so are there any Galactic Conquest mod maps out there other than the Atellian Expanse?

not to my knowledge