The Ultimate Mod Compilation thread (01/03/2011)

There’s a mod posted on IndieDB that I don’t this is posted here.

http://www.indiedb.com/mods/aaron It’s called the “Collective”. It’s ships can be pretty OP, but at the same time they can get very expensive. It also requires the Tribe, Order, Swarm, Nomad, and Parasite expansion.

i believe the original intention of the mods list was things on the forms, because thats usually where all the modders went (to my understanding i joined after the forum had a large active community)

But it is on the forms here

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=7291&hilit=Collective

the reason that this is probably not updates is probably because SirJamon has gone inactive

Shouldn’t someone else take over, then? I’m guessing there’s a lot to be added.

I will look into this, but frankly it’s a very low priority right now. With GSB2 in full-time development there are also additional demands it places upon my official time.

And based upon my own clear memory of when GSB1 forum activity here began to decline sharply, I have good reason to doubt there’s anywhere as much content to add here as you believe; after early summer 2011, new mod releases took a nosedive in quantity. Official development for GSB1 is long since at an end (no more patches or DLC). And mod development for it is presently not too far behind (subject to change, of course).

I understand. I just think that considering that this thread seems to have died 3 years ago, the mods that were made after that shouldn’t fade to oblivion. I’m thinking about people like me who only recently discovered GSB.