This is how GSB 2 should look....

nice :stuck_out_tongue:

well,i always thought that X3 is epic and lame at the same time
stuff looks great,weapon effects look nice,ships are shiny,explosions are nice… until you start noticing what is not looking nice
turrets never turn exactly in the direction theyre shooting at, ships arent leaving wrecks, and even in the heat of combat you dont really feel the same amount of adrenaline like in for example FreeSpace 2
i mean, if they could have done so much better with atmosphere with a game that was released in 99/2k, why not here? nothing could get me off the PC if X3 was fine-tunned and ironed-out from all these tiny things

a friend once said to me that X3 is for people who love to watch their fleets eclipse the sun, and that want to have a feel of power of leading a massive empire… not for people who want to fight the battles…
i keep getting back to that game and playing it from time to time for short periods, but what always turns me away again and again is this… i just think that there could have been so much more done with the engine, and just for a small fraction of time that it took them to develop the whole game…

X3 is a great game and X3TC is even better, but since im a perfectionist in some ways, and these things break the immersion for me, its not a game for me

Check out Infinity: Quest for Earth then :slight_smile:

Seamless planet to space transitions oh yea! video.google.com/videoplay?docid … 934024232#

Battles youtube.com/watch?v=Hf5k20AtieY