I purchased this game off of Steam’s weekend deals. I really like it, overall, wanted to share my detailed thoughts though:
- I love the ship design, Masters of Orion had something similar, this is obviously much more fleshed out and involved though
- The battles themselves are great, very true to the name
- I’d love to see the ability to compare modules
- When buying stuff with honour, this is where the ability to compare would be really useful. It’s hard to go back and forth to see how the to-be-purchased item compares to ones already in inventory
- To add to the last point, buying items with honour from ship design would be useful too
- I find the inability to order ships to specific locations, focus on specific ships, etc… a bit frustrating. I realise this is very much ingrained in what the game is, and the game might never end up with mid-fight orders. One idea that might jibe with the approach of the game is to allow for positional deployment-time orders (e.g. push to location, patrol between two positions, move to position and defend, etc…)
I’m also going to throw out some ideas that could be incorporated into expansions/enchancements, but want to preface it first. I realize this board is probably subjected to people coming in and demanding “MOAR WEPONZ!!!”. While I would love to see “MOAR WEPONZ”, I want to be clear that I think this game is great, that the value is outstanding, and these are simply passing thoughts, which the positech folk can take or ignore as they see fit. I have not done any analysis/thinking of what these could do to game balance, I’ve only sat here on my arse and thought “that might be cool”. Please take as such:
- MOAR WEPONZ!!! (sorry, had to)
- AOE weapons?
- I’d love to see something like “reinforcements”, where a player can setup a wave of ships to warp in mid-fight when the player clicks a “reinforce” button (or some such), but if these don’t warp in, they count towards honour bonus
- Hull design? Being able to cobble together a hull from different pieces would be cool
Keep up the awesome work!