Two errors after updating to 1.14

After updating to 1.14, I went to fight one of my existing personal challenges. The game hung, apparently because it had crashed (I didn’t see the crash window until I Alt-Tab’d out). I noticed two independent problems.

First, many of my ships had been deleted, including the Tutorial Fighter(!). The last one, “rocket fighter”, is the same ship I used in the challenge. Does this mean my challenge is now invalid?

Finished Initialising Sound Engine Design [Federation Falcon Fighter] deleted because it was not valid with this version Design [imperial ballista fighter] deleted because it was not valid with this version Design [imperial phalanx fighter] deleted because it was not valid with this version Design [Tutorial Fighter] deleted because it was not valid with this version Design [Close Range Pulse Laser] deleted because it was not valid with this version Design [laser cannon fighter] deleted because it was not valid with this version Design [rocket fighter] deleted because it was not valid with this version Design [Super-fast fighter] deleted because it was not valid with this version Design [torpedo fighter] deleted because it was not valid with this version gratuitousspacebattles/server/getmychal108.php?&username=JamesCooper&id=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-X Design [rocket fighter] deleted because it was not valid with this version Ship Design not found ->4478871_rocket fighter:..\src\SIM_ShipDesign.cpp 601

Secondly, my errors.txt listed an AssertionError:

1/10/2009 - 1::2 - Assertion failure:filename:..\src\GUI_TitleBar.cpp,linenum:25,build:Beta 1.14 I think the time there is GMT, because it’s currently 7PM, 30/09/2009 in CST (GMT-6).

The game will not load in invalid designs. It always used to do this, but now it actually recovers from it and does it silently, rather than crashing saying it can’t find a ship

maybe putting registration codes into the log-files which’re likely to be posted isn’t such a great idea?

Yes indeed. very handy for debugging. Not good for here. I’ll fix that…

As I said, it did crash. I’m not sure which of these errors caused the crash, or if they are even related, but it definitely crashed on me. The first error shows that it did gracefully handle invalid ships, but then it gives an error about not having the ship that it needs for the challenge I opened. Is it possible that later stages (such as loading the challenge) aren’t prepared for the invalid ship to be unavailable?