UK introduces 50% tax fate over £150k / year

Would you say that this tax rate encourages successful business people to leave and set up shop overseas? I would assume this would happen quite dramatically.

1 Like

What about you, would you relocate as an individual if you earned £150k+? I don’t think I would.
We do punish pollution, petrol tax must be huge, 200% ish, since tax triples the cost.

1 Like

What a bunch of crap, I always hear these internet anecdotes and I’ve never had an issue with the healthcare system, with neither my grandmother nor my own parents. This is the whole reasons studies by professionals and associations of doctors and nurses who use science to study the system are usually the only ones worth listening to. The common man is so far removed from how things actually work day-to-day behind closed doors he has no god-damn motherfucking clue.

I live in canada and when people bag on our healthcare system it’s bullshit I swear, most people who complain are stupid, the likes of Jenny McCarthy stupid or are pushing ideological agenda’s. Data and science should drive our decisions not ideology.

I make a little more than 870.000 R a year (£78.000) and I net roughly 550.000 R (£50.000). The tax rate (40% for me) is awful, the government health care is awful and if you plan on actually living past 65, requires supplementary insurance, pensions are weak and barely livable, and I’m more likely to be replaced than my black co-workers, making the pension a much bigger problem. 50% Seems fine for over £150.000 as long as under isn’t 50%, I like Australia, how they tax in sectors, like the first £20.000 is this percent, £20.000-£40.000 is another percent and so forth, that seems the most fair to me, instead of just taxing it all at one rate.