Ultimate fighter defense?

Also: You (you being the OP) have yet to respond to the points made by Myself, Entropy, and 123stw. Until you do, or post a revised challenge that will allow us to PROPERLY evaluate your frigates as anti-fighter challenges, we cannot assume your platform is even mildly effective

ID: 4657613 Single Anti Fighter Frigate

My tests show 1 squadron stands no chance, not even tribe. 2 squadrons of non tribe atuo-lose before destroying the frigate, tribe flat out wins.

ID: 4657624 Single Anti Fighter Frigate 2

Drops the tractor beam and ion cannon for all anti-fighter missile launchers. Same results against tribe, but more effective against everyone else.

ID: 4657636 Experimental Fighter Defense Fleet

Same cruisers as original post, no fighters, and a mix of the two anti fighter frigates. Aproximately 1 frigate per cruiser, not real sure just added more than the 8 that were there before. I may need to repost since I did that one from the battle screen on Defend Caspian IV, so you’re probably limited to 300 pilots.

Now here’s the catch. Would those fleets improve simply by changing the race to, say Rebel or Fed, while keeping everything else constant?

Edit: Just beat the third one with 300 counts of fighters.

Edit2: Here’s a basic rebel fighter resistant fleet, could probably take on far more than 300 fighters. 4657666

Any fleet seems to be better than the empire. Finding a uniquely awesome application for the weapons platform was my last ditch effort at finding an upside to them.

Unfortunately, between the massive hulls, and racial shield bonus that only helps the vulnerable cruisers against other cruisers (frigate shields don’t beneefit much from a 10% bonus and fighters get nothing) they just don’t hole up to the other 6 “normal” races and really have no way of competing with the tribe.

As broken as Tribes are, all Tribe fleets posted thus far are beatable by other races. But that’s really not saying a lot since the challenger advantage is so great.