Democracy 3 is a great game, but too easy. This mod introduces and tweaks policies in an attempt to raise the difficulty and prevent you from ever getting to the infamous utopia end-game.
My main goal is to prevent you from “winning” the game. The game is too easy, especially the socialist/liberalist path. To prevent this, I have lowered the impact certain policies have on socialists, and introduced some new policies. I have also tried to change some policies to make the game slightly more realistic. For a full list of changes, see below.
If you have any suggestions, please leave me a comment The mod is still in a development phase, I just wanted to publish it to get some feedback.
- Retirement Age
- Severance Pay
- Minimum Wage
- Wealth Tax
- International Tourism Advertising
- Sex Education (idea and picture from cliffski, tweaked numbers myself)
- Job Market Segregation
- Foreign Crime Organizations
- Elderly Wave
- Birth Rate
- Life expectancy
- Increased sales tax’s effect on black market. The black market problem barely ever appears, and I feel like higher sales tax should make it occur more often.
- Made corporate exodus occur easier by increasing the effect of maternity leave, as well as adding minimum wage and severance pay.
- Changed the link between GDP and immigration so that high GDP increases immigration, and not vice versa.
- Made general strike occur easier by adjusting the impact from labour laws and unemployment. Minimum wage can be used to counter the strike. Also made general strike decrease productivity.
- Made petrol protests occur easier by adjusting the impact from petrol taxes and oil prices.
- Reduced free school meals’ impact on poverty. Seriously, how does free school meals do more for poverty than free health care or state housing?
- Removed the link between membership of retired group and winter fuel subsidies.
- These policies now have a reduced impact on socialists’ happiness: Capital Gains Tax, Corporation Tax, Income Tax, Inheritance Tax, Property Tax, State Health Service, State Housing, State Schools, Unemployed Benefit.
- Low border controls increases tourism
- Reduced ccommunity policing’s effect on violent crime rate. I might take steps to reduce the effects of community policing even further, as it is a really strong and cheap policy.
- Changed the link between productivity and unemployment so that high unemployment reduces productivity instead of increasing it. Must have been a little mistake by the game developers.
- Big mac index / Consumer prices index
- Add new events and dilemmas (I have a few ideas, but I’m going to need pictures and sounds and that takes a while)