Unavailable/disappearing modules

Why does the first post always have to be about a (possible) bug? Sigh.

Anyway, I have re-installed GSB (v.1.60, all DLCs) two times, but I still can’t find the Plasma Slinger from the list of available modules, after I have unlocked it in Fleet HQ. I am not sure if I have any use for that particular module, but I would still like to give it a try. And now when I think about it, I believe I had a similar problem with the Carrier Support Bay, before I re-installed the game. The difference was that the Support Bay didn’t show up in the Fleet HQ’s list of unlocked modules either.

Also, I would like to know if the “OPTIONS_APPLY_CHANGES” text in the Options menu button (the one that appears after you have made changes to settings) is a bug - or an example of Cliff’s weird sense of humor?

Welcome to this forum!

It is not always the case ^^

Do you know that Plasma Slinger is a Parasite only weapon?
If you have already search in there list, it’s a bug! (Parasite - Bug ^^ I ===> [exit] )

Well, that explains it. But if it is true, shouldn’t it be mentioned somewhere in-game? In the module description perhaps? I can’t be the only one who hasn’t tried (or won’t try) all the races, and is puzzled because - apparently - one of the unlockable, seemingly available modules is, in fact, NOT available for the race you are playing. (I am still playing with the Feds, by the way.)

Another question, probably easy to answer for some of you veterans: shouldn’t the EMP Cannon be a hardpoint mounted module? It would seem logical, at least in my eyes.

And thanks for the fast reply. I should have read the DLC descriptions more thoroughly.

All new modules coming from DLC belong to their own race, each time.
I think this fact is missing in the HQ (A small text area were is said if the module is restricted or not)

The fact that the EMP is a Standard module is a Game designer choice. Nothing retrain you to put this module in a Hardpoint Slot ^^

We are here to help ^^