- Difficulty slider now influences how frequently assasination attempts can be made.
- Fixed bug where the polls screen could not be loaded correctly by the ‘go back’ buttons.
- Changed the debt crisis icon so its more understandable.
- Difficulty slider now influences chances of a successful assassination attempt.
- Difficulty slider now influences the true success chance of a media spin event.
- Difficulty slider now influences the final chance of a minister resigning.
- South Korea now reverses surname and forename when both are shown.
- Changed ‘none’ to ‘minimum’ for many sliders so they are less confusing.
- Fixed a bug where new policies implemented due to donor demands didn’t affect cynicism or show up on timeline.
- Reduced the political capital cost of the speed cameras policy.
- You now cannot cancel any policy the same turn you implemented it, even if it was a donor or coalition demand.
- Introduced new ‘Rare Earth Prices’ simulation value, and changed icons for Rare Earth Mining & Crisis so the imagery is consistent.
- Adjusted icon sizing algorithm so it ignores the influences upon situations that remain untriggered, to declutter main UI slightly.
- A whole bunch of graphs now have percentages shown in tooltips over each point.
- A button now pops up on the top left of election results screen after the result to allow you to save a screenshot with one click.
- Added Falkland Islands and Russian Ships as new UK-only events.
- Added new heatwave and black lives matter events.
All feedback on these changes is welcome!
Cliff, I have a problem. I deleted D4 from programx86 and installed v1.35. This has never happened to me before, but I am getting this error now. I saw that somebody else had had this error as well.
It should say Windows 10 detected. So, this could be the first problem. I didn’t run it in compatibility mode to begin with.
[15:33:16:389]- ----DEBUG FILE----
[15:33:16:390]- Windows 7 detected
[15:33:16:390]- Game version: 1.35
[15:33:16:390]- setlocale was a success. Current locale is [C] should be C
[15:33:16:390]- Loading app options
[15:33:16:390]- app options loaded
[15:33:16:390]- Number of NUMA nodes: 1
[15:33:16:390]- Number of physical processor packages: 1
[15:33:16:390]- Number of processor cores: 8
[15:33:16:390]- Number of logical processors: 16
[15:33:16:390]- Number of processor L1/L2/L3 caches: 16/8/2
[15:33:16:390]- Setting Color palette
[15:33:16:390]- Updating BG shader
[15:33:16:390]- BG shader updated
[15:33:16:390]- Saving options
[15:33:16:390]- Options saved
[15:33:16:390]- Color palette set
[15:33:16:390]- Saving options
[15:33:16:390]- Options saved
[15:33:16:392]- Desktop resolution is 1920 x 1080
[15:33:16:392]- Loaded Config: 1920x1080@0 scale1.00 [windowed]
[15:33:16:603]- Setting Color palette
[15:33:16:603]- Updating BG shader
[15:33:16:603]- BG shader updated
[15:33:16:603]- Saving options
[15:33:16:604]- Options saved
[15:33:16:604]- Color palette set
[15:33:16:604]- GEngine::Init Engine mode: 1920x1080
[15:33:16:604]- SDL_GetNumVideoDisplays returned 1
[15:33:16:604]- GEngine::Desktop mode: 1920x1080
[15:33:16:604]- Matching desktop res
[15:33:16:604]- Calling SDL_CreateWindow: 1920x1080@0 [fullscreen]
[15:33:17:84]- Initialising 3D Engine
[15:33:17:119]- OpenGL Vendor : ATI Technologies Inc.
[15:33:17:119]- OpenGL Renderer: Radeon RX 5500M
[15:33:17:119]- OpenGL Version : 4.6.14741 Compatibility Profile Context 21.7.1 27.20.22017.1004
[15:33:17:122]- Initialising global vertex buffer
[15:33:17:368]- Initialisizng Vector Engine
[15:33:17:589]- Setting vector Engine Dimensions
[15:33:17:591]- VE Clearing existing textures to replace with new x
[15:33:17:592]- Initializing Text
[15:33:17:592]- Creating font config
[15:33:17:592]- font config created
[15:33:17:592]- adding font directory
[15:33:17:691]- font map created
[15:33:17:691]- creating pango layout
[15:33:17:701]- pango layout created
[15:33:17:701]- PANGO context font map font families:
[15:33:17:701]- Noto Sans
[15:33:17:704]- Attempting to initialise steam
[15:33:17:869]- Steam initialisation failed
[15:33:17:869]- Initializing Input
[15:33:17:869]- Initializing sound
[15:33:17:869]- Initialising Sound Engine
[15:33:17:869]- Resetting Sound volumes to maximum
[15:33:17:869]- Loading in volume presets
[15:33:17:869]- Creating IrrKlang Device
[15:33:17:870]- Sound Engine loaded as
[15:33:17:950]- Switching sound engine to WIN_MM
[15:33:17:956]- Switching sound engine to DIRECT_SOUND 8
[15:33:18:29]- Switching sound engine to DIRECT_SOUND
[15:33:55:934]- Finished Initialising Sound Engine
[15:33:56:44]- Setting game mode to splashscreen
[15:33:56:44]- Resizing new game mode
[15:33:56:44]- Activating new game mode
[15:33:56:44]- Forcing music mode
The windows detection thing just means that version or later, so thats not it. If you launch the game a second time does that fix it?
Nope. Should I restart my computer?
it sounds like there is an incorrect entry in
\my documents\my games\democracy 4\prefs.ini
regarding sound cards. You could safely try deleting that file.
I made UK very capitalist
Environmentalist percentage influence doesn’t work in environmental protests situation.
That is it at 0%.
I turned UK into 1984
Strawman capitalists, conservatives, religious and patriots has way too much fun.
No civil rights, no political rights, all needs are extremely expensive
Military, church, and corporations took over control
There is no environment and healthcare too
Whats the contents of your prefs.ini file? It sounds like a sound card related problem, but we have no changed anything relate to that in this version. Did your version of windows just get updated? Does sound play ok in other games and on websites?
I updated my windows and I installed my driver updates for my card. It worked, what was strange was that v1.34 worked inspite of this, oh well.
width = 1920
height = 1080
display = 0
windowed = 0
renderscale = 1.000000
disabledpiaware = 0
I didn’t try other games, but no sound was playing in websites after sometime, even though it was playing earlier.
It sounds like you have a problem with the drivers for your sound card in that case.
Heatwaves don’t increase CO2 emissions as they do in real life.
Heatwaves should reduce the impact of reforestation due to burning trees.
Can deforestation be modeled in some way or is that represented by GDP?
Interesting point, although I would suspect that the actual volume of forests destroyed in a heatwave is relatively low. I will have to look for data. My gut feeling is that deforestation globally in places like the amazon dwarfs the loss of some Californian forests though. Definitely worth me looking into it
How have environmentalists not killed you? you must be in full on police-state mode right?