Updated to 1.35 here are the changes:

Plastic bags are made from oil?

1 Like

Yep.

https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=34&t=6#:~:text=Although%20crude%20oil%20is%20a,derived%20from%20crude%20oil%20refining

NG can also be sued to make plastics, oil is much more common, though.

1 Like

Hey Cliff! Could we prioritize balancing state healthcare?

A. It’s been on the Trello Board for real long.
B. A lot of money goes into healthcare expenditure for the state, and it doesn’t really feel that incentivized without the resultant reduction in poverty that it would lead to.

1 Like

You think state healthcare’s benefits are too low? I suspect this is true. I should take another look at it. It does always feel unbelievably expensive.

3 Likes

I didn’t necessarily think that the benefits were too low (that could be), or the price is too high (that could also be, single payer healthcare in US would be something like $3 trillion+ per year according to the responsible federal budget committee’s debtfixer calculator, I could be wrong, but Universal Healthcare is also predicted to reduce medical costs, perhaps that could be modeled in some way), my main concern was that for spending (say for the US) $300 billion+ per quarter, there could be more positive effects (including the reduction in poverty impact on your list).

One way of making it seem less expensive is to make it cost dependant of the amount of people using the state healthcare ( the amount not using the private alternative).
That could also let us use the aproach of “we are going to fund our state heathcare, but you can instead take this voucher for the equivalent amount for using it in the private sector” without expending too much.

State healthcare at really high values, makes private healthcare 0.

But if you apply tax breaks/vouchers you could have both high private and high state healthcare.
And it would reduce the cost ar lower spendings.

1 Like

That’d be very expensive to do, but yes, it would reduce the cost of healthcare for people.