Updated to build 1.3. Here are the changes!

Well, it s fun, although there’s things to add.

By the way, I have a simple question, why is Japan added to the playable countries but not Japanese to the playable languages?

1 Like

i’m guessing they prob haven’t finished translating it yet

1 Like

There is actually a huge amount of text in the game so getting professional translations done for everything is super expensive, and we have not yet decided on Japanese and Chinese translations.

1 Like

Thank you for teaching. I think there is a potential great demand for Japanese language support, so I hope you will do it.

1 Like

I need to know what triggers this, it seems rather random.

1 Like

lol disposable income of poorest person in South Korea is boosted 40x

1 Like

this graph represents the ammount of people that have a certain disposable income, not the disposable income of that voter group

1 Like

You looked at wrong place:
Look at right bar with all income entries, there is huge difference between original income of 845 000 and disposable income of 33 900 000 :smiley:

1 Like

This is just evidence of your impressive welfare system!

1 Like

I agree that event is too common. I do adjust the triggers with each major update, that one seems to trigger too easily tbh.
its currently triggered by the player doing well, poor (relatively) foreign relations and some randomness.

1 Like

I guess I forgot to write, that its on game start - that is first turn :smiley:

1 Like

Also, how does randomizing date works? Does it put random policies or remove some?

I feel Economic Cycle works well with expenditure and income, so that’s good!

i was playing and got the richest company pays no tax event despite not having any corporation tax, many other nonsensical events happen all the time too, i’ve looked into the files for these events to see what causes them and it turns out that almost none of the have prerequisites.

@cliffski please add prerequisites to all events like this so you don’t get these nonsensical events happening.

1 Like

Thats a good point. I simply had not thought to include that, because event pre-requisites were added long after the event was created. I’ll add it to the todo list! Thanks for suggesting it!

6 Likes

@cliffski speaking of prerequisites, you should also add EthnicMinorities (percentage) as a prerequisite for racial tension, because it’s also kinda nonsensical to have racial tension when there are 0 minorities, a way i would suggest to do this is multiply the racial tension eqations in the policies that add it with the percentage of ethnic minorities, so that the effects are proportional to the amount of ethnic minorities, basically: RacialTension,0.05+(x*0.25)*EthnicMinorites_perc, because anything times 0 is 0 so if ethnic minorities percentage is 0, racial tension is therefore also 0, and this would also make the amount of tension scale with the percentage.

4 Likes

on a more lightheated note, you should add a japan exclusive policy to subsidize anime

3 Likes

Yup good point on racial tension.

1 Like

it would also be nice to add the ability to abolish the police/prisons

2 Likes

Technically those are abolished if its set to 0.
Simple cancelling of policies would simply nullify any effect - uncancellable policies always have some effects, that goes around 0 point somewhere.
You can always abolish harsh police and prisons though.

Also I bet no one thinks about that in Nordic countries, there even worst criminals are treated as humans.

2 Likes