USSN (mod) 0.07 released! (Rebuiding)

Mmmm When I made it I was going for a homeworld style heavy cruiser, but added a few tweeks here and there. Maybe I’ll Try to do something alittle more in shape of the Star trek ships, Maybe a more boxy looking defaint since how much I love that little ship.

the style im going for is something between halo ships and aff ships.

if you dont know what aff is heres a link http://www.moddb.com/games/angels-fall-first-the-second-antarean-war

the AFF ships look like its a mod for Homeworld 2, But i got the idea. And as for the second pic, I left that as general shape of it. since you will have to remake it. I felt thet you can warp the design a little into how you feel. Maybe you can mold it into a larger frigate, or streach it some into a smaller cruiser.

I’ll see if i can do up some drawing as I’m FAR far better at drawing than modeling and then I’ll scan them into the pc and post em. I used to have upwords of 500 3 veiw ship designs all differant, well if some remodels. But when my ex-roommate failed to put my name one the storage and also forgot to tel me he didn’t pay the rent and ALL the stuff was sold. I ended up losing my paint ball stuff, a trubo for my truck, pc gear, and about 20 boxed of important stuff and all my military paperwork.

But anyways Off i go.

thanks for giving me ideas for different ships :wink:

i would be really greatful if you could try and help me with a station, as i have no idea what it should look like. that gives you a whole lot of freedom :slight_smile:
and yes im actually quite courius of your drawing skills, i bet youre better than me :wink:

as for the ships i think of different designs for the different classes. when i think of the ships i think like this:

-the fighters should be sleek but not round and have wings. mabye look a little like a fish or bird, but not too much

-the frigates and corvettes i want the bridge ontop and a long hull and the engines sticking out a bit on the side.

-the cruisers i want almost like long boxes with the engines in the back and bridge ontop.

-the capital ship i have not decided yet, but it should atleast be long and thin with blocks sticking out on the sides. (nevermind on this one ill make it)

err… hope this really bad guide will help you understand what im going for. its all in my head but its hard to explain.

thanks anyway for helping me with the ships, much appreciated.

wow i think this was my longest post so far…

-Ponyus signing off-

LOL, It means your gettign into the spirt of things, and I got you. I’ll see what i can come up with, You want a boxy looking station design? Or one that is round in the middle and has other sections attacted to that like int inside of a spoked wheel? I have afew thoughs drifting in my head already.

Well, GSB handle mp3 and wav files too. I dunno if it theres a difference between using a sound type of another. I wonder if the soundvolume of the txt files do something too…

Great work Ponyus! And by the way, did you know that I am buddies with some of the AFF devs, so I can put in a good word for ya if you would like, maybe we can work together for some sort of Angels Fall First mod for GSB? The universe is perfect for GSB!

really? that would be awesome!
i really love the aff universe and would love to be a part of it!

Alrighty, I just talked to Stranj. He said Sudazima made a mod for GSB apparently, although I dunno if he is publicly hosting it here I havent seen it anywhere, so I gotta find him.

well i just did some quick search on the forums and sudazima hav only posted 3 times and the last one was moonths ago, so my guess is that he is dead :S

just what happened to the guy making gnb

gnb??

EDIT: i just made another quick search on the forums, you mean gratuitous naval battles.

that searchbar is more helpfut than i thought…

[size=50]GNB = Gratuitous Na[/size]
Gah, Ninja’d

I don’t know what happened to him, but I hope he is secretly planning the Naval Invasion of North America from his North Korean Battle HQ

i searched around on nasa.gov and found some pictures i will use as backdrops for my scenarios.

have a look see and tell me what ye think :wink:

in the ussn ficton there are three kinds of weapons:

-rail guns: all bullet type weapons are of this technology, basicly rails or tubes that are loaded with electro magnets that, when fired, drags the projectile away from the weapon. there are different kinds of “rail guns”, like the gauss cannon whitch has a spiral of magnets inside of it and the “machine gun” is just many tubes that are rotating in high speed and reloading from a magazine when its fired, it can only fire in short bursts or else the weapon will overheat and mabye fry the circuts.

-missiles: self explanitory

-energy weapons: like the beam weapons, these kind of weapons use a raw energy beam, enhanced by a lens, that burns trough the target.

hi there!

sorry for the lack of progress in the last couple of weeks… but the USSN aint dead, it has only been sleeping… very,very deeply…

the reason is actually pretty simple, i worked too mutch and too intensive. so i lost interest and lost all inspiration to continue the mod. i couldnt come up with any new ships and that made me frustrated and all i tried to make ended up in a pile of bad ideas…

but now im back on track and trying to get some new willpower to finnish it up 4 ya.

i have been thinking of making a website or som kind of forum exclusively for USSN and ULP. but i have no idea where to start, or how to start…

well, anyways im back bichezz!

I hate when something like that happens with some of my projects. Good to know you are continuing with the mod ^^

litlle status info on the mod to show you where i am now…

[code][MODELS]

[SHIPS]

FIGHTER CLASS

interceptors (1) (1 done)

fighters (2) (1 done) (1 ingame)

bombers (2) (1 done) (1 ingame)

gunships (1) (1 done)

Freighters (2) (1 done)

FRIGATE CLASS

corvettes (2) (1 done) (1 ingame)

frigates (2) (0 done)

platform (2) (1 done)

CRUISER CLASS

cruisers (2) (1 done) (1 ingame)

carrier (1) (1 done) (1 ingame)

destroyers (1) (0 done)

capital (1) (1 done)

station (1) (0 done)[/code]

anyone having problems with the release?

i just managed to update to 1.50 and i get alot of random crashes… :frowning:

Minor thing, mostly because it seems to be done wrongly a lot and I’d like to see it happen less. A railgun uses two parallel high-voltage rails (thus the name). The slug is dropped onto/between the rails and provides a conductive path. The current flow interacts with the strong magnetic field around the rails and (via some science) propels the slug. The weapon you described, on the other hand, is called a coilgun or sometimes a Gauss gun.