Ok, this build is not perfect, but it seems to be a lot better than before in terms of routing issues. I know some of the new functionality has some GUI quirks that need fixing, but I didn’t want to wait with this patch any longer as it contains some decent other fixes plus I’m away for a week at GDC starting Sunday so…
1) [GUI] New tab on efficiency window shows stats for components/resources.
I know people have asked for a split here to show locally produced vs imported. I need to write a chunk of code to do that, but its on my wishlist…
2) [Bug] Fixed bug where supply stockpiles failed to calculate the nearest import bay reliably. 3) [Bug] Fixed visual glitch where some cars would have different colors based on zoom-level. 4) [GUI] New supply stockpile GUI shows stock and allows one-click filling based on slot selection.
I have heard that this has some minor issues. I’ll fix it for the next patch. Its still worth getting this in there so people can offer further feedback on it as a feature.
5) [Performance] Major speedups for colossal factories, plus preventing bug where conveyors cant be built. 6) [Bug] Game will now not autosave if the game over window has been triggered. 7) [Bug] Fixed weird behavior if you pressed F2 or F3. 8) [Bug] Research complete window pop-up now kills off any current building action. 9) [GUI] Clicking a supply stockpile now shows resources heading towards it in the same way production slots do. 10) [GUI] Supply stockpile window is now draggable. 11) [Bug] Fixed issue where immediately after loading a game, supply stockpiles may not order components until there was a route change. 12) [GUI] Supply stockpiles and manufacturing slots now highlight exported and imported goods when clicked upon, in red and blue.
Apparently that has some issues when opening other windows, which I need to look at
13) [Other] Trebled the capacity of the floor renderer to render giant maps. 14) [GUI] Game now displays all process time in game time(same as the clock in the menu) not real-world time!
This makes the game much more sensible IMHO, hope you agree! Plus it feels like it accentuates the differences between slots in a more helpful way.
15) [Bug] Fix for crashing when certain conveyor arrangements involved loops. 16) [Balance] the second resource conveyor speed upgrade has increased impact now. 17) [GUI] Screenshots now default to high quality PNGs instead of horrible jpegs. 18) [Feature]New 'Configure imports' button on slot windows now lets you set up a resource import strategy for each individual slot and resource.
This is a big new feature that you need to unlock as R&D first. I’ve heard it may not always work correctly for local-option, but at least the tech and the GUI is live now, and it sounds like I just have a bug to squash. Let me know if this is intuitive or not, I think the word ‘local’# is a bit ambiguous. it should refer to anything produced in your factory, as opposed to imported.
19) [Bug] Total recode of the way that stockpiles handle prioritizing resources, should fix myriad issues.
I essentially tore out the old code and wrote it again, it a clearer fashion. I suspect this fixes a whole bunch of crazy bugs, and it definitely seems to allow slots with multiple tasks to keep working at a sensible rate and not get too hung up on waiting for resources. I think this will be the biggest and best change overall with this patch.
With luck, all I need to do is fix a bunch of GUI bugs and minor quirks, and people will start feeling that the resource management (ie routing and ordering) side of the game is ‘fixed’. All feedback welcome.