Ok, the game auto0-checks for updates once a day, but if you just missed it, you can either…
re-use your original download link from BMT micro and grab a fresh clean installer, which is now version 1.16
Delete the file called ‘up’ in \my documents\my games\gratuitous space battles\web
Then run the game.
If you have a fast connection you might get it faster from the BMTMicro link than our soon-to-be-swamped server
Any problems specific to updating between the two versions, please reply to this post, or by email.
[code]Version Beta 1.16 Feb 11th
- Fixed crash bug if non-admin on first caching of AI ships.
- Fixed crash bug when going to create a enw design from the deployment screen, if non-admin.
- Armor that consumes power now displays this stat correctly.
- Fixed alt-tab corruption issue from design screen.
- Fixed bug where some beam weapons stopped working mid-battle.
- Fixed various glowy/rendering issues relating to non-modified ships hulls, or ships in certain design configurations.
- Fixed bug where some particle effects from engine glows did not display correctly on the ship editor.
- Fixed bug where steam thought game was Democracy 3.
- Fixed a number of graphical anomalies when a large ship breaks apart on destruction.
- Fixed crash if game attempts to load a deployment that contains a deleted ship design.
- Ship design screen now remembers the last ship you were working on and re-opens it automatically.
- Battle tutorial and ship in-battle GUI tutorial popups now added.
- Ship design rotation speed now matches (hopefully) the in-battle speed.
- Some fixes to group-adjustment buttons on the ship design screen.
- Ship designer now hides color selections that are not currently applicable.
- Research screen now tells you what ship sizes a module can be used on.
- Asteroids can now be turned off under options.
- Balance: All dreadnought hulls cost increased by 50%.
- Balance: Dreadnoughts can no longer use any limpet launcher modules or multi-point tractor beams.
- Balance: The heavy pulse laser now has a faster firing time but slower tracking speed.
- Balance: Increased the weight and also damage of the Lightning Gun and Pulverizer Beam.
- Balance: many dreadnought firing arcs reduced.[/code]