Very serious flaw

nope, I have a dual core and the problem never, EVER, happened to me…

from Intel by the way.

On the topic of the save deployment button I have to click on their very very bottom of the button to make it register my click. Sort of weird but not game-breaking. I’m in 1440x900 resolution on a xp

So AMD dual core. LOL
Wow, I got skeeeruued.

That doesn’t really explain why my intel single core had it…

I have the same problem.

Laptop with Intel C2D CULV processor and Intel GMA 4500HD graphics, 4GB RAM, running Windows 7 64-bit. Bought the game on/from (correct preposition, please?) Steam during the sale.

Some kind of window bar is clearly there. Clicking the correct distance from the right corner minimizes the window, the ‘mission’ button is completely unclickable and ‘save deployment’ only works by clicking in the very bottom of the button. It’s doubly weird because the mouse hover apparently detects the button boundaries correctly (the buttons light up when the cursor moves over them).

Could it have anything to do with the Steam overlay windows? Do all you others with the same problem also run Steam?

Oh, yes. Changing CPU affinity did nothing to help it.

I have the non steam version and run it in full window. The time I get the near impossible to click mission button and strange invisible window bar is when I have alt-tabbed the game OR when something pops up in the background (MSN, Printer out of ink warning, Dell’s back up warning etc). Perhaps this is something to do with steam because the steam games I own always have that little message that my ex is playing colonization or tropico 3 etc.

Berny

Good to know.

Then it isn’t Steam per se, but possibly (likely?) something else with the window manager.
Also, I’ve read in other threads that it happens on both XP and Windows 7, so it probably isn’t OS-related, given the rewrite that happened in Vista.

It’s really strange that it isn’t reproducible at Cliff’s end since it is not intermittent in any way on my end - it always behaves like this.

What resolution do you run it at? I run at 1366x768, which is the native resolution for my laptop’s screen. I’m thinking that perhaps the window bar takes up less room at higher resolutions, making the buttons clickable and the problem not reproducible.

@Cliffski: As I mentioned before, Mouse Hover works flawlessly. I’m thinking it’s because the hover event isn’t captured by the window bar’s window proc. Would it be possible to re-register the window bar’s window proc last in the queue so the button clicks get handled by the underlying window procs first? Or just resend the click event in case an underlying window (like the ‘mission’ and ‘save deployment’ buttons) wants to use it? It’s a workaround, but it ought to work.

I run at 1600 X 900 on my laptop which is what is “recommended” and run the game in the same reso.

Berny

I had problems with the save deployment, mission and supplies buttons a while ago, too.

Going into GSB.exe’s properties and disabling visual themes under the Compatibility tab seemed to fix it.

I’ve had no problem on neither the old E4400 nor the Q6600.

Yay! It worked! I can now press both the ‘mission’ and ‘save deployment’ buttons. Thanks!

I just want to report that I was having the un-clickable mission button problem as well, and disabling visual themes in the compatibility tab for gsb.exe fixed the problem for me completely. Windows 7 fyi. Thanks to Vindicare for finding this solution!

Anybody know if a fix for this has been found yet? I’m also having the problem of not being able to click the ‘Mission’ button. The visual themes fix mentioned above isn’t working for me.

EDIT: Okay, I am able to click the button because I found a pixel-wide area along the bottom of the button that I can interact with. It’s kind of a pain to line up perfectly on that one pixel-wide strip, but at least now I can see anomalies in online challenges!

It does seem like the title bar is covering the button somehow, good luck finding a fix.