Visual glitches and suggestions

Hey so… hopefully this is fixed, in an update i just put out called 1.121. Couyld anybody who has this issue (annoiyingly I STILL cannot reproduce it here) give this new build a try and let me know if it seems fixed?

We release tonight (in 6 hours) into early access on steam and I am paranoid that this will affect a large number opf people!

I updated both the humble and itch build, so whichever you use, you should be able to have the new version right now if you re-download.

Hi cliff,

does not look fixed in the new version (1.121)

Having these visual glitches and really bad lag! Running a Ryzen 7 3700x so should not really be a hardware issue. The lag meaning a huge drop in framerate - this only occurs when the glitches are occuring and I think I am dropping down to 10-20 FPS

Hmmm. Can I just check that this is version 1.121 from the top right main menu. Can you also check that the checkbox is ticked under the main menu options screen that says resetgfxeachturn? (thats the default).
Also…does it fix it when you go the next turn?
(if not…thats SUPER weird… but even so we many have a fix).
Many thanks for this, its driving us crazy!

Yes. This is version 1.121 (see screenshot)

I have also found another bug when you are on the main menu - pressing Esc will crash the game. Not sure if this is intentional - but yes that option is ticked (see screenshot)

If I recall correctly, under this scenario it did fix the frame rate until I brought up any more policy, popularity graphs etc. Hope this helps! (should be noted that I can’t get this glitch as of yet to reoccur - will keep trying and keep you posted)

Here is another visual glitch I have just found

ok, just testing a new build that I have high hopes for…
BTW: escape key does quit the game from the main menu. thats intentional :smiley:

1 Like

OK! a new build (1.125) is now on humble and itch. This DEFINITELY fixes a crash bug opn the intel screen that it seems nobody has encountered yet, and this is back to being a 32bit build. That means it will install in \program files(x86) instead of \program files, so it might be worth uninstalling the old version first…
(save games etc will be kept).
I HOPE this fixes any glitches. I made some changes…

Hi Cliff,
I have downloaded the new 1.125 download and I have come across more visual glitches and the game slowed down a lot.
Adding the debug files in case it is helpful.

drawdebug.txt (448 Bytes) errors.txt (2.2 MB) debug.txt (2.3 KB)

awesome, this is VERY helpful thanks

edit: actually your screen res is alarmingly small (only 800 height) which is not ideal for the game, but this is still very helpful in spotting where some stuff can go wrong.

Sorry, I don’t know much about computers. Is there away for me to change this?

Probably not. if its an old laptop, that may be the maximum screen resolution it will run at. A lot of newer laptops run at 1920x1080 res or even higher. You can tell the native screen resolution by going to the windows key, then settings, then system, then display
it will show ‘Display resolution’ and whats recomended. Unless its not set at the recomended level, you cant change it.

Sorry to report, but I’m getting the red circle in the top left corner too (this is on the latest version, downloaded through steam).

Also, and more concerningly, the longer I play the game, the more the game freezes and the longer the lag before I can move the cursor or between clicking on something and that thing happening / the new screen popping up. Eventually the whole thing is virtually frozen and I can just about get into settings to save and quit out. This was not an issue for me at all with earlier alpha versions…

I know what the glitch is! its fixed as of today, and I will hopefully do an updated build for everyone tommorow…
I strongly suspect that the lag is related. If you check \my documents\my games\democracy 4\debug, is there a MASSIVE errors.txt? I think thats the cause.
The file can be safely deleted

Thanks. The errors file is 178 KB, so I guess that’s pretty big. Here’s a sample of what it says, in case that helps (pls forgive the photo-in-place-of-screenshot!)

Yup. All that is fixed in the next update. Im hoping to do it later today.

1 Like