Vote for your Favorite Ships - And the Winner IS !

Yeah?, I have drawn from 13 years, some good, some not xD
(im 18)

i cant draw :frowning:

thats not true.

if you can draw a stick man and a triangle, you can draw anything.

just try to come up with a basic shape, and i might help you

When i make my ships i just cut up a load of random things and shove’m together in a “shi-shape” xD although the help is appreciated :slight_smile:

try to figure yout key points of the ship, ie. engines, cockpit/bridge, wings and so on

and to make the ship more believable, try to blend the parts together. make it look like they were always there.

then when you like the shape you have, its time for detail editing. remove small parts, like antennas and other doodihoos you dont like.

keep in mind to not flatten anything. at a later stage you might end up not liking certain parts.

when youre done its time for repaint. NEVER repaint the original layer of a part, instead make a compy of it and repaint that one instead.

when thats done youre pretty much done with your ship. save it as a layer friendly format, like pdn for pait.net or xsf or wharever it was called for gimp. then save it again as jpeg, dds, png or whatever you are using the image for.

I’m posting this here so everyone will surely see. Sorry Darkstar if I’m derailing the thread. [size=50](let’s unofficially call this a bump :P)[/size]

People, I’m going to be for more or less a month away from the computer due to having to study and all that. Probably I may lurk the forum the days I need to rest but don’t expect me to be much around. If the voting is set to end before the 3rd of February would be great if someone drops me a PM with the subject saying:
“VOTE NAO FOR TEH CONTEST!” or something similar :slight_smile:

@Praetors
I’ll keep working with the ships after all the exams are finished but if you find someone else to sprite/code them, feel free to let him do the job :slight_smile:
I can always grab the finished ships later to add my explosive touch :wink:

You didn’t need to, people weren’t complaining about this all over my mod’s thread :slight_smile:
When I get some time, I may try this fix with the other oversized ships I have around to see how they look. Thanks for the effort :wink:

For my own experience, is always bad to apply a sharp filter on the sprite. It will look worst in-game. Only if u are going to apply it to small ships, can be good. For big ships, better not to apply a sharp filter, they will appear too pixelated, even if the original resolution is 1024x1024 or bigger.

BTW, about the ship design… it need to be original vanilla mixed or can be an original design ?? i say this cuz i have in mind another mod that will use only made-from-scratch-in-3d models and i have the capital ship almost finished. Since i think im not going to make that mod in a long time, i can finish the ship and post it here.

Ohhh F***, well, i can make the designs, seems like now i have the needed experience, but when you return, you expect a lot of work :wink:
Because i just can make the clean design, you are a lot better than me colouring, making the damage and the hulk sprites.

Oh yesss… you can be sure about that, your “explosive touch” looks really great :smiley:

Ok, people, as you see, our ship maker can not help for a while, sadly… well… someone wants to take his part of the job until he comes again?
As i already said before, i just can make the clean design, we need to someone making the needed files (damage and hulk sprites and codes) for make the ship functional.
If you want to help, send to me a PM.
It’s “easy” i make the design, a description with the hull bonuses, cost etc etc etc… and you make the codes and damage/hulk sprites…

Woah, 3 days- 0 new entries.

agreed, wtf happend?

people got scared of entry #13 xD

Maybe they’re working on something big- to combat entry number 13.

Well if your on good terms with anyone in this forum, send them a message and get them to enter !!
I have already contected Archduke Astro and i will try and get in contact with Cen2050.

Well, i looked into the designs.

I really love the leviathan design 13, and i like the designs 4, 11 and 12.

Primary, as is a question of taste, i look for a design to be good with the term “spaceship”, and in consecuence, a ship with good looking shape for a spaceship. I dont like the ships that doesnt seem like a spaceship. The color shcheme is supossed to be dark grey with hightlight, only a few designs are complaining about that.

Wow. I am, amazingly, new to this thread, but theres some awesome stuff going on here. I find it quite inspirational for the next game…

next game as in gsb2? yay! :smiley:

heres a cookie (::slight_smile:

btw are you gonna be in the contest? i would love to see if your ship design skills are as good as your game design skills :stuck_out_tongue:

i have asked hilcat, but hes too busy with studies and stuff. he might look into it.

Well, i want more entries :stuck_out_tongue:
POST MOAR!!!
xD

There are some nice designs here (in my PC) but im not going to show them for now xD
Those are directly-to-mod designs, but i need a ship maker xD

Cmon people, there are some sub-categories without entries! (Corbettes, destroyers, cruicers and satellites, (uhm, there are more? xD)

AAAAMMMGGGG GSB2??? CLIFF MAKE A ENTRY PLZZZZ D:

Cliffski, that’s best example I’ve ever seen of conversationally “stirring the pot,” but with a hand grenade instead of a spoon. :stuck_out_tongue: You know that everyone who reads it is going to see what they want to see. :wink:

I’d be reluctant to assume too much there, or to put words into Cliffski’s mouth that he didn’t actually say. Nowhere has Cliffski said that his next game, “G4,” will be “GSB 2”.

[taking notes] Interesting… [studies notes carefully]

LOL?

EDIT:
I had not realized that cliffski had written the comment, GSB 2?!?!?!

What I had meant is that Cliffski DID NOT say that his next game is GSB 2. I’m sorry if my choice of words might have made anyone think the opposite.