Want to create a new solo activity

I tried to create a new solo activity but it didn’t work out very well. Is there any way you could tell me what I’m doing wrong? I’m pretty sure I screwed up in the effects part because I really had no idea what I was doing there. Thanks. BTW, I love this game.

:wink:

Oh the effects are fun. What are you trying to do? :smiley:

I wanted to call it Mirror Dance and have it be something like "You lipsynch and dance around in front of the mirror. It would boost confidence and fitness but also raise lonliness.

Okay, I slapped one together and tested it:

#,mirrdance,Mirror Dance,“Your description here”,0,default,0,0,0,-1,-1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,#,“confidence,0.0,0.1”,“fitness,0.0,0.1”,“loneliness,0.0,0.1”,#

I’ve zeroed out the effect percentages here (the first number after the effect name). If you replace the 0.0 with 0.5 for confidence, confidence will rise 50 points. Set it to -0.5 and confidence drops 50 points. :smiley:

The second number tells Kudos how quickly you want the effect to wear off… the values I set above make the effects wear down by the next turn. If you set that number to something like 5 you get an effect that never seems to wear off. :laughing:

An important note: make sure you put a # mark at the end of your new activity, or the game will crash.

Hope that helps.

:question:

Can you also please tell where you placed the file in which folders and the possible file- and foldernames. Cause a simple cutncopy into test.txt placed in \Kudos\userdir\kudos\mods\ (and even a subfolder under \mods) did not get me that new activity.

And please dont link me to that little modding help from the positech site it really does not help.

Or do i have really to edit the original-game-data csv files to add industries, skills , activities, and assets ? instead of using text files as modular plugins in mod folder ?