What are these errors?

28/6/2010 - 23::49 - SIM_SERVER: Failed to open script response:…\src\SIM_Server.cpp 343
28/6/2010 - 23::50 - SIM_SERVER: Failed to open script response:…\src\SIM_Server.cpp 343
28/6/2010 - 23::50 - SIM_SERVER: Failed to open script response:…\src\SIM_Server.cpp 343

29/6/2010 - 23::26 - SIM_SERVER: Failed to open script response:…\src\SIM_Server.cpp 343
29/6/2010 - 23::27 - SIM_SERVER: Download GSB file failed:…\src\SIM_Server.cpp 633
29/6/2010 - 23::27 - SIM_SERVER: Download GSB file failed:…\src\SIM_Server.cpp 633

Usually I get a fair amount of errors graphics wise - my laptop isn’t a high end gratuitious machine.
But I’ve been getting these and am wondering what they mean…

Perhaps there’s a reason why nobody has been playing any of my retatliations?

Berny

This probably means you have a firewall or other security software blocking the game connecting to the server, or perhaps just blocking it from downlaoding and opening files.

Okay thanks - double checked my firewall and all seems well. I don’t know why it would happen since I get many errors due to graphics (crappy card) but these were firsts for me.

My error log is now up to 1,059K

Time for a new computer.

Berny

i dont know that much about it but as far as you know,the game should either run somewhat or not run at all,you shouldnt get errors from graphics card

anyway,about these…
check your antivirus software and your firewall,double-check if GSB isnt blocked somewhere,if ure not blocking any ports on your router etc… a indication if its a network or software problem could also be if you have problems connecting anywhere else with any other programs… if yes than it could be network

also make sure that some kind of a security tool isnt blocking GSB`s ability to write on disk or stuff like that

ignore following unless ure a pc newb:
no offence,i have no way of knowing,but if you`re one of those people who hear about a useful tool/program and install it right away,it would be helpful if you would simply remove anything that you dont use regulary :stuck_out_tongue: especially write-protect and blocking tools in this case… your graphic errors tho might be a side effect of certain media accelerator tools,weirdo codecs or simply a driver error… i have no idea,cant see your computer :slight_smile:
use some kind of uninstall software for that removes all associated files and registry entries (Revo is good for that,the free version)
might also speed up your comp significantly

For the networking problems Cliffski addressed and gave the same answer - I have checked as much as I can, and also those errors I had quoted above have not repeated themselves.

For the graphic errors I get

9/6/2010 - 20::32 - Untranslated HRESULT
9/6/2010 - 20::32 - D3DXCreateEffectFromFile failed
9/6/2010 - 20::32 - Flip
9/6/2010 - 20::32 - DrawIndexedPrimitive()
9/6/2010 - 20::32 - Flip

about 1056 K worth of this. It has drastically decreased since I chopped off much of the gratuitiuosness of the graphics.

Heck I remember the days of popping open the PC case to manually switch the DIP switches to go from CGA to EGA depending which programs I was using. I also remember the first game I ever programmed in… Vic-Basic.
I leave programming up to others now - and I tend to run windows as bare as possible. I still miss the days of going through multiple autoexec’s to get that last 10k of memory… err actually I don’t.

Berny

haha well im crazy enough to actually miss those days :smiley:
create effect from file failed… yeah… what kind of graphics card you have? actually,post your whole PC specs…
and i`ll see if you need a emulator program and if its compatible when i get back from work

System
Manufacturer Dell Inc
Model Inspiron 1750
Total amount of system memory 3.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 2

Storage
Total size of hard disk(s) 134 GB
Disk partition (C:) 10 GB Free (134 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics
Display adapter type Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Total available graphics memory 1324 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1260 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.2104
Primary monitor resolution1600x900
DirectX versionDirectX 10

Network
Network Adapter Dell Wireless 1397 WLAN Mini-Card
Network AdapterMarvell Yukon 88E8040 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller
Network AdapterMicrosoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter

dude… i meant the model of your motherboard,processor,amount of ram,gfx model and such
this kind of info is incomplete and tells me nothing

give me the models of your processor,MB,graphics,etc
this is what i write if someone asks me for computer specs
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 CPU
ASUS P5KPL-AM IN/ROEM/SI motherboard
Nvidia 8600 GTS graphics
2gb ram (honestly dont remember the exact numbers atm,im at work…)

something like this please,you already posted you have a 64-bit OS which “can” be also important…
we can find out the rest of the info from that

a tool called CPU-Z is what i use for identifying hardware if i dont feel like crawling through the mess looking for manuals or tech info stickers…

anyways… what i had before i bought the 8600gts was a GMA 3100 (integrated in the MB),so that was older than a series 4 accelerator? i never cared about GMAs really so i know crap, but GSB ran with no problems at all on it except it was slightly slower than id like… but no graphic bugs
if its what i think it is and series 4 is the newer GMA chipsets… your issue is elsewhere… you did check your DirectX installation did you