What would you like to see in games?

I would truly love to see a JRPG on the PC. Not a port but one designed with the PC in mind.

I think your on the right track with Democracy. I personally would love to see a more robust Presidential strategy game. There have been a few over the ahem decades Ive been involved in PC games that came close but had somehow gone awry. Superpower 1 or 2 is something close to what I would love to see, but its bugs were just way to distracting. Another was called Shadow President for DOS/Win95 that I thought was spot on. Id like to see something where you can play a leader of any country, and rule it both economically, politically and even have a military aspect toward it. Nothing so intensive on military side where you have to control troops and how they fight. Shadow President or it also went by Cyber Judas simple allowed you to go to war, and you picked a number of available troops to fight this war ie out of 2 million troops you sent 20,000 into Somalia. It also allowed for a nuclear option either limited or full scale including confrontations that brought you toward the ebb of nuclear war. Your ability to negotiate your way out was pretty well done. You could either take a chance and have a tough stance hoping the other side would back down, or back down yourself losing prestige points. You could also be bullied if you allowed it into unflattering economic agreements to avoid wars. It was quite nice, and would be very nice to see something of that nature again.

Wasted, so is most the case. What we can really use a new GENRE of game.

One genre I can see opening up could be… Interactive games. Games that progress with the actions of those within the game itself.

I’d like to see more computer games modeled after things that worked in successful board games.